My Daily "Weighing in"

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, Heather McDougall, carolve

Re: My Daily "Weighing in"

Postby squealcat » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:17 pm

Ok, I posted on the September MWL connect board. I didn't want to do it but feel I really need to follow through with the month. One more week for the September board. I hope to turn it all around !

-squealcat
squealcat

Postby squealcat » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:26 am

Day 2: Headache started yesterday and is more painful than usual. I haven't had a headache in a long time. Maybe it is because of all the crazy food I ate this week. Well, this is day 2 of the headache as well and they usually last 48 hours so probably tomorrow I will feel better. I also started feeling dizzy yesterday. I know that this is common but i haven't had this but once and it was a very long time ago (years and years). If I keep my head looking straight ahead I am fine but looking down or moving my head around brings it on again. Maybe this vertigo brought on the headache? Don't know.

I went on a nice walk this morning. Sunny and chilly but I think it as good walking weather. I walked 1 1/2 miles. The dizziness didn't mess with my walk so I am happy.

I Had my oatmeal for breakfast after the walk and, of course, blueberries too ! I left off the salt thinking that I will back down on sodium and breakfast is a good place to start.

Day 2 of simple eating. I can do it ! Potatoes and rice for my starches, salad at lunch and broccoli/cauliflower for dinner. More potatoes if needed between. A big apple for dessert today. I had a banana before my walk because I was starting to get hungry and I am afraid of hunger....esp since I have this headache.

Now I am drinking a lot of water as well today too and getting in 50 squats !

How is YOUR day going?

-squealcat
squealcat

Postby squealcat » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:20 am

Continuing to do well this week. Took a nice walk today and then worked in the garden for a while. After that had my morning oatmeal with blueberries (which I never tire of ).

I have been eating pretty simply this week as stated before. I made cauliflower bisque which is a Chef AJ recipe. I found that I like it just fine without the added plant milk. It was nice and creamy without adding it. I think it would be too thin with the added liquid. I also made sloppy lentil joes which I got from the Monkey and Me web site. It is very delicious with a nice spice. I want to make the coleslaw today. I may leave out the tahini from the recipe if it tastes good without. Daily salads have been so delicious as well as baked potatoes, squash, chick peas etc. I have plenty to eat !

Since eating much better, my headache is gone as well as the dizziness. My stomach does not feel bloated and the gassiness is gone too ! It is important to remember the symptoms I get while eating the standard diet so i stay away from it.

My husband is saying he wants to start eating according to the Pritikin plan that he learned in cardiac rehab. He will not leave out meat or cheese but he wants to eat healthier. I need to figure out how to help him. We eat and cook separably and have for a long time. I don't mind cooking things for him but I fear he will just not feel like eating what I fix and it will just sit there.....that is what happened with us that resulted in us fixing our own many years ago. Well, will see what I can work out.

-squealcat
squealcat

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals