Buns Again

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Buns Again

Postby sirdle » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:25 am

bunsofaluminum wrote:On Weight Fluctuations or "How I Learned to Laugh at the Scale"

Brilliant! And congratulations on your success! You are doing very well!

bunsofaluminum wrote:That's part of the fun of it, eh?

Indeed, it is!

When my wife and I went to Germany recently, our plan was to walk a lot, stuff ourselves as much as we could on salad, fresh fruits and veggies and then use portion control on the entree (by splitting it between us). Not healthy, but we don't seem to have done much damage, either.

Good luck! :-P
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:36 am

sirdle wrote:
bunsofaluminum wrote:On Weight Fluctuations or "How I Learned to Laugh at the Scale"

Brilliant! And congratulations on your success! You are doing very well!

bunsofaluminum wrote:That's part of the fun of it, eh?

Indeed, it is!

When my wife and I went to Germany recently, our plan was to walk a lot, stuff ourselves as much as we could on salad, fresh fruits and veggies and then use portion control on the entree (by splitting it between us). Not healthy, but we don't seem to have done much damage, either.

Good luck! :-P

I like the portion control idea for off plan entrees. I can do that. Ask for a to-go box at the beginning of the meal and put half my plate in there before I start eating. :nod: And of course, stuff myself as much as I can on salad, fresh fruits and veggies.

Today we get the marriage license and update the tags on my car. We also need to talk about how we will get from the reception to the airport. I also want to talk to my two big kid grandkids about walking with me when I enter. And I've got the table centerpiece materials. Want to play around with that a little bit. Tomorrow we'll be up at my sister's, bringing over the borrowed tables and chairs, and I think we'll put up the silk flowers for the entry decor. There's just a couple of places where I'd like some color, and I bought the flowers last Sunday. The centerpieces...we'll either assemble them tomorrow and leave them, or do it on the Friday before. I just don't know what all other things will need doing on Friday.

Now that we've gotten all this stuff lined up, I'm thinking Wouldn't it be cool if we were all just hanging out, listening to music and having a drink, when Ta Daaaa! Wylie and I stand to announce "Hey we're getting married" and then the officiant, who also was one of the party guests stands up, and we stand in front of him, get married, then go back to listening to music and hanging out. Gosh wouldn't that be nice. :lol: Now that I think about it, the Friday before we'll be getting the "light refreshments" together. So...tomorrow will be "Assemble the Centerpieces Day" Busy whew!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby sirdle » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:13 am

bunsofaluminum wrote:Wouldn't it be cool if we were all just hanging out, listening to music and having a drink, when Ta Daaaa! Wylie and I stand to announce "Hey we're getting married" and then the officiant, who also was one of the party guests stands up, and we stand in front of him, get married, then go back to listening to music and hanging out. Gosh wouldn't that be nice.

My wife and I could not stand the idea of a huge wedding and all the fuss, so we got secretly married and didn't tell anyone for about 6 months. One evening we were having dinner with her mom and her mom's boyfriend and my wife casually announced, "We got married."

He mom looked at us and nonchalantly replied, "So did we."

Wishing you the best, :-P
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:34 am

sirdle wrote:
bunsofaluminum wrote:Wouldn't it be cool if we were all just hanging out, listening to music and having a drink, when Ta Daaaa! Wylie and I stand to announce "Hey we're getting married" and then the officiant, who also was one of the party guests stands up, and we stand in front of him, get married, then go back to listening to music and hanging out. Gosh wouldn't that be nice.

My wife and I could not stand the idea of a huge wedding and all the fuss, so we got secretly married and didn't tell anyone for about 6 months. One evening we were having dinner with her mom and her mom's boyfriend and my wife casually announced, "We got married."

He mom looked at us and nonchalantly replied, "So did we."

Wishing you the best, :-P

Wouldn't that be cool. But we spent some time getting the venue ready on Saturday...an awesome day actually, hanging with my sis and her hubby. The boys laid fresh black soil in the garden beds while us gals went and picked up the tables and chairs I am borrowing. I also went as far as I could with the centerpieces: clear glass vases with river pebbles in them. Among the river pebbles are some gold and clear glass stones, for just a hint of elegance. Then two stems: an ivory flower and a white flower. I really wanted daisies, but they weren't available in the fake flower selection at Michael's or Dollar Tree.

Each vase will also have a tendril of ivy (cut from my sister's back yard, which has a LOT of ivy growing) and a sheer white ribbon wending down the length of the ivy. Surrounding the vase, some gold, ivory, and white ribbon and a few more pebbles.

The cake and refreshments will be on the same table, and my daughter-in-law, who is a setting designer for Target (she arranges the mannequins and items in those cute groupings you see in the store) will put her touch on the tables. She knows what she's doing :) I plan on setting my bouquet on the cake table.

My bouquet will be fresh stems with a ribbon around them. I plan on buying them at a local grocer that has a floral department. Of course they will all be autumn flowers. I don't want a florist designed (aka expensive) bouquet. Just some pretty flowers to carry in my hand while I walk in.

Now...we're looking at the forecast and thinking we'll use Plan B, since rain is on the way for Friday through Tuesday. OF COURSE :\ But it will be easy to move things inside. Right? Actually, it will be. If it isn't cold, we can keep it in the covered patio. If there is a chill, inside the house, the living room and dining room are spacious enough for guests and a refreshment table. And if we are inside, the borrowed tables might not be used.

Eating is okay. I've been indulging in extra dark chocolate this past week or so. Not just on the weekends. I'm telling you, I can FEEL the endorphins when I have a bite of 85% or 90%. No lie, it feels good. Oh! yikes. I had a Del Taco Beyond Burrito. It has that Beyond Beef in it and I can say that it isn't worth the calories. I'd rather have regular refried beans in my burritos, tyvm. It won't be a temptation.

Work has been really busy. The big "season" for the insurance industry is Open Enrollment, which starts in October, but the plan eligibility begins in January, 2020. Well, for fun, my company rewrote the broker contract, so any brokers who will sell for us in 2020 need to complete the new contract. And we put it online. Saving on paper (and honestly it is a huge improvement over the paper contracts which necessitated faxing and emailing, scanning, uploading, etc) BUT wouldn't you know it, the system we use for onboarding our brokers got a glitch and started not recognizing user names, so about half of them needed their passwords reset or new links sent to them. And believe me when I say we have been getting phone calls asking for help with this Electronic Contracting Procedure.

The new team is starting to get CARE calls, but we are also still taking contracting calls (see above about onboarding) but I think once the busy-ness of AEP settles down, we'll be able to move away from those. My new boss wants us not to have any of our usual contracting duties (such as tracking licenses and uploading broker documents)...we are supposed to be helping brokers who have member problems that need quick resolutions. Say a medication is needed before a long weekend. We'll have the authority to expedite those kind of things and I won't have to keep my E&O report up to date ANYMORRRRRE! But for now, we're keeping the phone lines hot that's for sure.

Now to go make a list. Just a few more days and we'll be married and going up in a helicopter over the lights of Las Vegas. woot!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:15 am

Forgot to mention my azz-kicking workout yesterday after work! woo! I went through my day dragging and feeling sleepy, but hit the gym on my way home and felt SO much better. I only worked out one time last week, and that isn't going to happen again. I need to get in every other day, PERIOD. It's the opposite of how I usually am. Feeling dragged out? Go home and sit some more, right? But yesterday I knew I needed to move myself even though I felt lowly. It helped. No lie, my mood was light and I felt great walking out of there.

Today I am feeling it in my arms but yeah. It's good. :nod: Getting me some GUNS baby!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby SilverDollar123 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:31 pm

Yay ! I am so happy for you Buns! :nod: RAS
SilverDollar123

Postby moonlight » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:43 am

Buns,
I'm so happy for you, too. I admire the time and attention you are taking for your wedding. I guess you know this, but building all those memories, from planning the wedding with your sister to the actual wedding, are precious moments in time. I'll keep my fingers crossed for no rain on your wedding day, even though it sounds like you have a good Plan B. And, you are inspiring the way you are keeping up with your exercise and eating while working on your wedding plans. You rock! :D
moonlight

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:48 am

Hi RAS and Moonlight

Yes, I'm really glad after all that we had a wedding. The sound of everyone visiting before things started was so lovely. Warm and friendly noise of many happy people gathered together. The ceremony itself was short and sweet, and the reception was very pretty white and ivory with gold accents and some dark green from the ivy. We had just enough cake and refreshments, as well. We didn't run out, and there wasn't a ton left over. It was just right.

Vegas for our honeymoon was so much fun! I'm not a night-life girl, but honestly the strip is so beautiful, lit up at night. I felt bad because my feet were hurting WAY bad the first night and day, thanks to the long standing involved when I was ironing the tablecloths for the reception tables. However, for whatever reason, by late evening on Monday the pain had stopped and I was able to go a whole lot more. I don't know what made the difference, though I did start sitting with my feet up. I can't believe that so fully relieved my foot pain, but I'll take it! It's walkable, the Strip, and I wanted to walk it, and with the pain gone, I did...well, I did MORE of it than I had. There's a huge difference between hobbling from the entrance of the hotel to the room, to walking with confidence holding hands, getting to the restaurant without limping, or able to get to the theatre for Cirque du Soleil pain free.

Ate pretty rich all week, but now back to normal. :nod: My gut has already returned to its usual regularity after a small bout with constipation.

I'll post more deets but for now, I'm so happy we did an actual wedding, and I enjoyed Vegas 1000 times more than I thought I would. :)
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby sirdle » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:15 am

I am sooooo glad the wedding turned out to be a success! :mrgreen:

Cheers, :-P
sirdle

Postby SilverDollar123 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:51 pm

YaY! Mrs.Buns! Glad everything went as planned. & Feet got better..How was the helicopter ride?
SilverDollar123

Postby Mark Cooper » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:18 pm

Congratulations! Sounds like a really lovely, wonderful time!
Mark Cooper

Postby Lyndzie » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:09 pm

Congratulations! I look forward to hearing all the details.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Daydream » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:59 pm

Congratulations! What a happy occasion. Enjoy growing old with your very best friend.
Daydream

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:26 pm

Here we are, Just Married

The reception was very pretty. White/ivory cloths on the tables, glass jars with silk flowers and river pebbles, scattered with gold and clear stones mixed in with the pebbles, inside clear jars. And my sister's yard has a tree covered in ivy, which we snipped and used in our decor, as well.

The cake looked like birch logs and tasted SO yummy!

My daughter and daughter-in-law finished decorating the reception room

Really my favorite thing about the wedding was when I was waiting for the call to come, in the back room in my outfit. I could hear the guests visiting and laughing as people arrived. It was such a warm, friendly sound, coming down the hallway. I loved it! But I also loved just the whole coming in on my grandson's arm, with my granddaughter walking in front of me holding a single rose. The music I entered to was an instrumental version of Here Comes the Sun, and it was PERFECT.

Ready to Launch!

I'll post some about Vegas next time. For now, I'm even happier than I was that we went through the work of putting together an actual "walk down the aisle in front of our family" wedding.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Lyndzie » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:03 pm

Thank you so much for sharing the photos. You look absolutely RADIANT. Wylie is one lucky guy.

Here is an old Irish blessing for you both:
“May all your ups and downs
Be between the sheets.”
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals