Maybe a baby in 2017

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Maybe a baby in 2017

Postby Idgie » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:48 pm

So impressed, Lyndzie. Glad your munchkin is doing well, and that you are, too.
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Postby Lyndzie » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:22 pm

Yesterday Mae turned 3 months old! She is the best.baby.ever. Totally goes with the flow, and gets gassy when I eat cabbage, but doesn’t get fussy, just toots a bunch (and stinky!). She loves her big sisters, and they love her to pieces. She rolled over a few times this past weekend, but nothing since then.

My six year old tried out for The Nutcracker and got a role! This is a HUGE deal. It’s with one of the best ballet college programs in the nation. She wanted to audition, totally her own thing, and nailed it. She’s extremely reserved and quiet usually, so it’s so neat to see this other side to her emerge.

My four year old has taken it upon herself to learn to read. She’s been learning her letter names and sounds, and practing writing.

Of course, they do a decent amount of picking on each other, too. Let’s not pretend sibling squabbles don’t exist.

This weekend we are moving from an apartment to a 3 bedroom house with a yard and garage, directly across the street from the neighborhood playground.

I am living the best years of my life right now, and it is wonderful.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Daydream » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:37 pm

Lyndzie, enjoy these precious years! I like hearing about your kids. It reminds me of the days when my kids were little (they are all grown up now). Congrats to your six year old!
Daydream

Postby Idgie » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:29 am

Lindsey, that's lovely! Mazel Tov.
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
Idgie

Postby jamietwo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:31 am

You have such a wonderful attitude, and your daughters sound amazing! You're obviously a terrific mom! Good luck with your move and congratulations to your little ballerina!!! :)
Jamie
jamietwo

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:44 pm

This is Mae a few weeks back. She's outgrown that sleeper already, and is into 9 month clothing. I ran into a friend today who has a 6 month old, and Mae is bigger and only 3 months. She has a doctor appointment at the end of the month and it will be interesting to see her weight and length.

Mae is a great McDougaller. She's one of those 100% on-plan kinda people. Never gets tempted by all those treats that other people eat around her. I admire her commitment to healthy eating.

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary today. A year ago I was pregnant and did not know it yet. So much has happened in the past 12 months!
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Idgie » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:49 pm

Too adorable!!
Idgie, Southern CA
Idgie

Postby choufleur » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:06 am

Mae is a beautiful baby!

Congratulations on your anniversary!
choufleur

Postby jamietwo » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:43 pm

Awwww! How sweet! :)
Jamie
jamietwo

Postby Daydream » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:28 pm

Mae is beautiful. Happy Anniversary!
Daydream

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:43 pm

Lyndzie wrote:Mae is a great McDougaller. She's one of those 100% on-plan kinda people. Never gets tempted by all those treats that other people eat around her. I admire her commitment to healthy eating.

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary today. A year ago I was pregnant and did not know it yet. So much has happened in the past 12 months!

She is absolutely adorable!!

She's on-plan... :lol: love that!!

Happy anniversary!!!
"Just put one foot in front of the other and don't worry about the length of the path.
Once you get on that path, and the longer you stay on it, there eventually will come a time when you will not turn back." - Martina Navratilova
VegSeekingFit

Postby SilverDollar123 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:22 pm

She is beautiful! Happy Anniversary! I love hearing about your children.Keep on posting!.Enjoy it goes too fast.
RAS
SilverDollar123

Postby Fuzzy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:59 am

Wow such a lovely journey!! I enjoyed reading every bit of it and I can't wait till you post news about your daughters! I stole two recipes from you and I plan to try them out tonight. But I love that you posted on regular basis so we could follow you till the happy end! You sound like a positive, warm person and I thank you very much for sharing your planning and pregnancy with us!!
Fuzzy

Postby Lyndzie » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:46 pm

Thanks, Fuzzy, for the compliments. I hope you found some useful info in the posts. And thanks to everyone for the kind words and encouragement.

Today Mae turned 4 months old, and had a doctor’s appointment. She’s a hefty 15 lbs 13 oz, and over 25 inches long. She is in the next size diapers already, too.

Here’s something interesting: years ago, my hands used to be very stiff in the mornings. Then, four years ago on August 16th, 2014, I suddenly developed a sharp pain in my left thumb. Due to the pain, my hand was pretty much useless. I had severely decreased mobility of the joint, couldn’t hold my daughter’s hand or open jars. I went to the doctor, but the joint wasn’t red, hot or enlarged, so the doctor simply said to take some Tylenol and nothing further.

Two years later, on June 6, 2016, I went WFBP and SOS-free. Immediately, the stiffness went away. Then, one day in October, my thumb was suddenly, totally back to normal. I attributed it to getting rid of dairy, and was extremely happy.

JUST THIS WEEK THE PAIN HAS COME BACK, AND IN MORE PLACES. I started waking up with stiff hands, which I just attributed to excessive salt consumption (not sure if it’s actually related, totally guessing here). Then my left thumb began to hurt, along with my left index finger and my right thumb. It’s mild discomfort, but definitely noticeable.

What’s the common denominator, here? Both started four months postpartum. I quick google search showed that rhumetoid arthritis can show up postpartum. Ugh. I might actually need to go to the doctor and try to figure out what’s going on for certain.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Idgie » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:29 pm

Argh, what a trial. Hope you figure out the cause and a solution.
Idgie, Southern CA
Idgie

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals