Michelle’s Loosing Fibromyalgia and Weight Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Michelle’s Loosing Fibromyalgia and Weight Journal

Postby lmggallagher » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:55 pm

SW: 241.9 lbs.
GW: 150.0 lbs.

Last Weigh in: 213.4
This Week: 213.4 ????
Lost: Actually don't know - scale as last week is still dying. New one according to tracker app is in Arizona somewhere :lol: Should be here for next week's weigh-in :)

Weight change +/- in lbs:

Lost/gained: ??? (not really sure about this my scale has become erratic and is being replaced).

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. :thumbsup:
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. :thumbsup:
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. :thumbsdown:
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). :thumbsdown:
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). :thumbsdown:
6. Eliminate any added oil. :thumbsdown:
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. :thumbsdown:
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). :thumbsup:
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. :thumbsdown:
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). :thumbsdown:

Victories, comments, concerns, questions:

All these thumbs down on the checklist were one meal early in the week. It was stress eating due to really weird circumstances. Due to Covid and my health status I use a grocery delivery every week for my food. This week - I had a truly peculiar incident -- a scam shopper.

This person showed herself completing the shop in 15 mins - but it literally was my entire pantry restock and took the second shopper a little over an hour. The first shopper added $34 of AA batteries to my list and checked out. As soon as I called and reported a nondelivery and the weird addition the shopping list - the service banned the shopper and got someone else to redo my shop.

What had been one of the first schedule deliveries of the day turned out to be one of the last and I spent hours on the phone with the shopping service correcting a double charge to my account :cry: It was weird and stressful and ultimately I ordered deli food and snacks I haven't eaten in years as the delivery was arriving well after dinner. An actual SAD binge as the deli (which does have some oily vegan food typically) was closed during the holiday week. I ended up with refrigerated pre-made sandwich, salad and etc.

My erratic scale never registered a weight gain - it didn't budge all week - but from this one meal of SAD food my blood pressure reading went from normal the morning of the SAD eating and to Stage 2 hypertension the very next day. After a day of compliant MWL eating it was back down to normal, but still a little high for me on average. So, the scale may not be working but my BP cuff definitely told the story.. One lesson learned (among many) - never let the cupboards go bare between shops and etc.!

I am still aghast that someone would forfeit a job with a fair salary and great tips for $34 worth of batteries. I'm hugely grateful for the essential delivery people - and with a couple of exceptions they have been stellar at every aspect of their job - this still has me in :eek: mode :lol:

Hope everyone is remaining healthy and that Mark has had a full recovery from his recent scare - best to all - Michelle

lmggallagher

Re: Michelle’s Loosing Fibromyalgia and Weight Journal

Postby wildgoose » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:18 pm

lmggallagher wrote:I hope wildgoose drops in today and reads this as while Mark was away - she read my post about my neighbor (thin as a rail and exercise addict) who KNOWS I am dieting yet regularly brings my cookies and muffins. This time her daughter added her homemade Christmas cookies to the assortment of vegan muffins. I did as wildgoose suggested tossed them - with only one bite of each. However - note this :arrow: :arrow: The card that came with the delightful morsels began thusly ..... "I know you are dieting but.....".. :\
However...... among my gifts was a box of See's chocolates from my dear Auntie Evelyn - at this point I succumbed from being virtuous (as the Gods, I presumed were going to continue to toss me food grenades until I caved) and I ate three - just three - and tossed the rest.

Michelle, I did see this, and I cheered! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :nod: Good job trashing the stuff. Anybody who sends a card like that with tempting junk doesn’t rate a second thought in my book as the goodies get dumped. One thought — maybe don’t tell people you are "dieting." You could say something like "I'm doing an experiment to see if changing the way I eat makes me feel better. Seems to be working OK so far, we'll see what happens. So yes those cookies look good, but I think I’ll pass for now."

The candy story puts you right in the same place as Dr. Doug Lisle. He’s told the story several times of visiting a friend who had a box of candy on the counter in her kitchen. Neither one of them really wanted to eat the whole box, but they knew they would if it sat there in front of them all evening. He took 3 pieces out for him and his friend to enjoy, then made a decision. This friend lived in a high-rise building with a trash chute in the hallway. So Dr. Lisle walked out the apartment door, crossed the hall, opened the door to the trash chute and tossed that candy all the way down to the basement in a matter of seconds. No further willpower required.

Goose
My story: MWL works!
How I determined my "goal weight"
wildgoose

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals