Graciezoe's journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Graciezoe's journal

Postby graciezoe » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:21 pm

I'm starting this as a food and exercise journal.

This morning I did 60 minutes on my treadclimber and 20 minutes of boxing with a bag.
B: oatmeal, with chia seeds, banana, blueberries
S: apple
L: a large baked potato covered with homemade chili. I make mine with kidney beans, pinto beans, large can of plum tomatoes, green and red peppers, onions, garlic and chipotle chili peppers.
D: brown rice, dry roasted winter vegetables, grilled asparagus with fingerling potatoes.
A HCLF Vegan.
Cardio Goal: 650 minutes a week on treadclimber and Bowflex Max 5 plus, weekend hikes.

Starting weight on 3/2014 was 304 lbs
Weight as of 4/2016 is 114 lbs
graciezoe

Re: Graciezoe's journal

Postby graciezoe » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:41 am

I did 80 minutes on the elliptical this morning and feeling good.
B: oatmeal, pumpkin, chia seeds
L: homemade butternut squash hummus on a ww pita with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, carrots and spinach
D: veggie soup. I made it this morning with corn, potatoes, white beans, carrots, kale, parsnips and corn elbow pasta

The next couple of days will be tough, a work Christmas party and a friend's party. I've already scoped out the restaurant and have called them and told them I need a vegan low fat option.
A HCLF Vegan.
Cardio Goal: 650 minutes a week on treadclimber and Bowflex Max 5 plus, weekend hikes.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:39 am

B: oatmeal, banana, blueberries
L: corn tortilla bean burrito, side mixed green salad
D: x-mas party
90 minutes total cardio workout.

As I posted in yesterday's journal post; the rest of the week is going to be hard for me, first time I've had two events in one week since going plant based. Tonight I'm going to my friend's annual x-mas party and tomorrow is our company party. Two late nights with lots of great food. Obviously, my friend is aware and supportive of my dietary needs so I'm not worried about the food, more about other people attending...it is a sit down dinner.
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:32 am

I did pretty well last night at my friend's home. She had crackers, cheese, chips, dips and fruit. I had a few grapes and no alcohol! Then for the sit down, I had a Delicious salad of mixed green that she prepared separate for me, no added goat cheese or dressing. Then for the main course she served some type of beef but I had roasted new potatoes and green beans. Also freshly baked sourdough bread. She also had homemade pecan and pumpkin pie with ice cream and whip cream, obviously I had no dessert.
Tonight will probable be a little tougher, as the restaurant we are have the party serves "american continental" what ever that is, besides fancy.

I did 70 minutes on my treadclimber and 15 minutes of upper body weights.

B: oatmeal, pumpkin
L: homemade sweet potato and spinach burger, butternut squash, quinoa
D: TBA
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:21 am

I got up really early this morning, 4:30 AM so I decided to do my cardio then too...85 minutes on treadclimber. I love the treadclimber, the best exercise equipment I have. Of course nothing beats hiking but in the New England winter it gets too dark early to go anytime but the weekends.

B: oatmeal, banana, blueberries
L: baked potato with tomato sauce
D: roasted butternut squash, brown rice, bean salad
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:55 am

Well the last two weeks have been crazy busy but I came through them. Both Christmas parties I went to I did fine and also was able to find good food choices at the restaurant I went to with a friend. Going out tomorrow to a movie and then dinner, not sure yet where my friend wants to go to eat.
B: oatmeal, chia seeds, bananas, blueberries.
S; apple
L: rye bread with cucumber, tomato, shredded carrots and hummus. Side of a boiled potato.
D: home made butternut squash lasagna, side mixed greens salad

85 minutes on treadclimber this morning, hopefully will go for a long hike tomorrow as the weather is suppose to be cold but no snow!
so far drank 48 oz of water and 16 oz of rooibos tea.
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:16 am

B oatmeal, blueberries, Chia seeds, bananas
S apple
L lettuce, steamed kale, roasted sweet potatoes salad
D roasted new potatoes with asparagus, homemade pinto bean burger
95 minutes on treadclimber
lots of water, white tea, rooibos tea.
I lost 1.8 lbs this week.
I used my vitamix a made some butternut squash hummus for the week.
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:09 am

We got 5" of snow yesterday, we finished shoveling everything this morning. Watching the news this morning and see the storm they said was going to miss us for Monday is now going to be a blizzard with 24+" of snow. It suppose to start Monday afternoon and continue until Wednesday morning...oh joy!!
Just finished my breakfast of piece of dry rye toast and oatmeal with bananas and blueberries.
Lunch will be black bean soup and a spinach salad.
For dinner I'm planning on making a potato casserole. Sliced potatoes with my left over homemade marinara sauce, layered like a potato lasagna.
With all the shoveling I'm probably going to be doing this week, I will probably not have a lot of time to workout on my treadclimber. I hope I can get to work all week.
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:48 am

Well they now have upped the estimate totals on the snow, our area is 30+ inches from today to Wednesday morning.
I did 105 minutes on my treadclimber this morning.
B oatmeal, chia seeds, banana, blueberries
S apple
L corn tortilla with pinto beans, salsa and corn with a mixed green salad
D roasted potatoes with asparagus, brown rice with mixed veggies

As I get closer to goal the slower the weight loss, last week I lost 1.8 lbs after a couple of weeks of small gains and losses. My total is now 127.8 lbs down with 16 pounds to go.
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:24 pm

Well we ended up with about 25 inches of snow. My fabulous boss had someone plow my driveway, so all I had to do was shovel a path in my backyard for my two dogs. Zoe, who is a 89 lb yellow lab, hates bad weather. She will not go out unless she has a clean area to walk. She even hates the rain, wind, etc. My other dog Gracie, a rescue, loves the snow.
This morning I did 95 minutes on my treadclimber.
B oatmeal, blueberries, bananas, Chia seeds
L Spicy Baked Beans with kale, recipe from PCRM with a side of roasted sweet potatoes.
D hummus and sun dried tomato wrap, mixed green salad.
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:24 pm

Well we ended up with about 25 inches of snow. My fabulous boss had someone plow my driveway, so all I had to do was shovel a path in my backyard for my two dogs. Zoe, who is a 89 lb yellow lab, hates bad weather. She will not go out unless she has a clean area to walk. She even hates the rain, wind, etc. My other dog Gracie, a rescue, loves the snow.
This morning I did 95 minutes on my treadclimber.
L Spicy Baked Beans with kale, recipe from PCRM with a side of roasted sweet potatoes.
D hummus and sun dried tomato wrap, mixed green salad.
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby sksamboots » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:43 pm

Amazing work here!!!!!!! :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
sksamboots

Postby GlennR » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:10 pm

I get exhausted just reading about your workouts. :D
Glenn
GlennR

Postby graciezoe » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:55 am

Thanks sksamboots! I have all Drs Mcdougall and Barnard books on my kindle and try to be disciplined but this is still relatively new for me, I started this in late spring early summer 2014.
GlennR :) In the past, I have been obsessed about exercise. I was doing 2 hours of cardio 7 days a week, I burned myself out. Now I will "exercise" 5 days a week, though in better weather I do like to go for a hike on Saturdays. I don't count that as exercise because I go slowly enjoying the beauty around me, it's more a meditative activity.

S apple
L Spicy Baked Beans with kale, oven roasted sweet potatoes and carrots (no oil)
D sweet potato burrito, new potatoes and asparagus, spinach salad
90 minutes on treadclimber
Lots of water, rooibos tea and some white tea.
I always start my day with 8 oz of water with 1 tbsp of Braggs raw apple cider vinegar, I'm not sure what it does for me but it feels healthy ;-)
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby sksamboots » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:30 am

5 days a week is what I aim for too with exercise, very nice! :nod:
sksamboots

Next

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals