Graciezoe's journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Graciezoe's journal

Postby graciezoe1 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:59 am

It's been a long time since I've added to this journal. My name has changed to graciezoe1 because I can't access my old profile.

Breakfast: Steel cut oats, banana, wild blueberries
Lunch: chopped green salad, Japanese sweet potato
Dinner: I'm making a stuffed orange bell pepper...stuffed with mashed potatoes, mixed steamed veggies of zucchini, green beans, corn, spinach, onions, peas, and snap peas.

My cardio machine is broken:( and they've ordered the part but I miss my usual 60 minutes before work cardio session. Hopefully it will be repaired soon

Here in CT we were quarantined for 1 week shy of 4 months. Everything was closed, and found myself revert back to previous binge eating. All vegan but I've gained 37 pounds so I'm back on track 100% compliant. I'm into week 4 and all is going well except for the above mentioned lack of cardio equipment. I've been trying to go for walk in the morning but the weather has been hot, humid with thunderstorms...not the best walking.
graciezoe1

Postby graciezoe1 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:25 am

Another hot, humid, rainy morning. I started my morning with a quick running in place for 30 minutes...boring but good for the heart.
I like to wake up and drink ginger, turmeric, lemon in hot water. Not only do I like the taste, but it's a good anti-oxidant.
B: Veggie skillet: corn, green beans, peppers, sweet potato
S: apple
planned meals
L: tossed green salad
D: Squash with apple soup, millet with mixed steamed veggies,
graciezoe1

Postby SilverDollar123 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi Graciezoe glad you are here,I too have gained too much weight with this shut down of everything.
thanks for the encouragement to do this. Hard getting back. RAS
SilverDollar123

Postby graciezoe1 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:28 am

Ras thanks for the welcome! B-Oatmeal, wild blueberries, banana.
L: Japanese sweet potato and salad.
D: Tex-Mex potatoes, side of grilled veggies and corn on the cob

It's feels so good to be back on track. It's true; moderation doesn't work, 100% compliant does. It's especially true of someone with food addictions. You can't quit smoking by only smoking one a day!
graciezoe1

Postby graciezoe1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:17 pm

B: oatmeal with wild blueberries, banana
S: papaya
L: chopped salad, corn on the cob
D: cut up veggie(yellow zucchini, snap peas, green beans, corn, peppers, cauliflower) water sauté with curry seasoning served over rice. Steamed petite potatoes.
graciezoe1

Postby jan_npr » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:53 am

Looks like you are back on track. Potatoes inside peppers! Never tried that. great idea.

In theory I'm supposed to get on my stationary bike in bad walking weather. haha another habit I need to work on.
jan_npr

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals