I've lost count of how many times I have restarted....

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: I've lost count of how many times I have restarted....

Postby Jobet » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:32 am

Amy,

Your food photography makes my mouth water! If I wasn't already eating this way, I would be after viewing them.

Keep up the good work,
Blessings,

Jobet
Jobet

Postby amandamechele » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:20 am

Jobet wrote:Amy,

Your food photography makes my mouth water! If I wasn't already eating this way, I would be after viewing them.

Keep up the good work,

Thank you Jobet, that is high praise coming from you. I follow you on Flickr and your photography is amazing and inspiring. I’m so happy we both eat this way. :)
amandamechele

Postby Jobet » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:04 am

Thanks back at 'cha Amy. I do a lot of experimenting on Flickr. LOL But, it's fun. A day without creating something, would be like a day without air for me.

I'll be celebrating my first year anniversary soon on the plan. I'll write about it on the forum. It's been super. I can't imagine eating any other way, and only after a year, can hardly remember when I did.
Blessings,

Jobet
Jobet

Postby amandamechele » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:33 am

Jobet - Happy Plantiversary! :mrgreen:

Here is what I ate today:

ImageImageImage
(Yep, that's the same photo twice in a row. I ate two bowls of potatoes, photographed one)
(I fought the urge to make this almond milk latte a really tiny photo... so tiny that maybe I could forget the faux pas. Caffeine has crept back in a couple of times now in the past week. I need to be careful and avoid tempting situations and avoid celebrating/rewarding myself with food. I don't want to go through caffeine withdrawal again, those headaches are not fun)
amandamechele

Postby Yomom » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:09 pm

nice hat!
Yomom

Postby amandamechele » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:10 am

Hi Kathy! Thanks... I love that hat. It's from a little folk art farm store, south of London ON. Someone compared me to Marry Poppins yesterday because I had paired it with this funky vintage rainbow parasol.... all I needed was a carpet bag...LOL.

Here's what I ate today:

ImageImage

Additonally: 2 pots decaf green tea
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:18 am

ImageImage
ImageImage

Additionally: 2 pots decaf green tea
Exercise: 15 flights of stairs

I foresee many starch heavy days over the next week due to ease of preparation combined with lack of time. It'll be yummy and get me through a busy time without worrying about weight gain. How glorious! (I love this song even more now that I've seen the video. It has me thinking about my grandma.)
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:45 am

I've been neglectful with consistently photographing my food, as I said I would for the month.
The photos that I have remembered are all posted on flickr. There have been many more regular program foods than MWL. I've been a bit lax this past week, so I'll need to get back to dedicated effort to lower my calorie density.

I am undecided if I want to continue photopgraphing this month. I'll sleep on it.
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:29 pm

I have been quite remiss in keeping up with my December challenge to photograph all of my food choices. Time to get back to that.
Any pictures that I did take I put up on Flickr; I chose to prioritize a couple of other things over this challenge, but now the time crunch has lessened and I can get back to it. Yay! Here's hoping it can get me doing just a bit better. I say that knowing that I've already decided to make Mary McDougall's French toast for Christmas morning, which is not MWL. I may also eat some homemade pita and hummus and some sort of McDougall dessert over the next couple of days at social gatherings. That will be the extent of how far I plan to wander off the MWL path. Hopefully the combination of having a plan, not having indulged in truly hyper-palatable foods for a bit, having supportive family and friends, and accountability to posting here will make this a Merry McDougall Christmas. LOL

Here is what I ate today (add 2 fruits to that...I plan on snacking during whatever Christmas movie we are about to watch... I'll photograph them later):

:)

Sent from my iPad
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:37 am

Temptations abound. I can't say today was particularly healthy: it was a letter of the law day, even if the spirit of McDougalling was subverted.
No dairy, no oil, whole grain whole wheat flour...but quite a bit of sugar and fat in the form of a couple of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. They were delicious and I left all the extras at the host's home.

Missing: 1 oil-free whole wheat pita (baked into pita chips)

The kids are off to bed as soon as It's a Wonderful Life is over. Then onto playing Santa: laying out the presents and filling the stockings. Christmas with kids is a magical time.

Have a Merry Christmas! It is a wonderful life, made additionally so thanks to the McDougall Wellness program.

XO
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:07 pm

:)
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:11 am

I will update my food photos from Wednesday on Thursday. I have no access to a device that I know how to use Flickr links with properly.
amandamechele

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:05 am

I am so impressed with your sane eating on Xmas! Well done, with your rice and squash and veggies and is that hummus? And your slice of...something. Looks like gingerbread or something. Anyway...wow. You're doing so well!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby amandamechele » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:28 am

Hi Buns, Thank you! I hope you are having a lovely holiday. :) Yes that is hummus (from Dr E’ s cookbook) and the other item is Mary McDougall inspired baked French toast

I’m doing my best to enjoy the get-togethers, with some days being better than others on the food front. Today was an all day buffet of temptation. I completely and constantly overate the healthier choices to keep my mind and mouth off of the poorer ones. Not my best day, but not my worst either. I am hopeful that I’ll be able to keep myself out of the pleasure trap and ego trap in order to transition easily out of the holiday season once it’s done. We’re travelling until the 5th, so it’ll be just a little trickier than usual.

Here is what I ate yesterday (as promised):
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
(Your eyes are correct, 3 servings of lentils and a whole bowl of boiled peanuts... yikes!)
amandamechele

Postby Lyndzie » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:49 pm

Peanuts in shell! What a great idea!! Super tasty, a great way to keep your hands busy, and definitely McDougall compliant. Obviously not MWL, but perfect for family get togethers.

I reread your first post, and I am so impressed with what you have accomplished in this time. Well done!!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals