~Skye~'s journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: ~Skye~'s journal

Postby ~Skye~ » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:08 pm

Monday's menu:

Breakfast: coffee with 1 Tbs. sugar, and some almond milk; gluten-free oatmeal with 1 Tbs. sugar, and cinnamon

Lunch: Asian-Dijon Spinach Salad; Autumn Night Soup

Dinner: Asian-Dijon Spinach Salad; mashed potatoes; green and yellow beans with baby carrots

Tuesday's menu:

Breakfast: coffee with 1 Tbs. sugar, and some almond milk; gluten-free oatmeal with 1 Tbs. sugar, and cinnamon

Lunch: Sloppy Lentil Joes; mashed potatoes

Snack: parsnip, carrot, Japanese sweet potato, and potato chips

Dinner: mashed potatoes; broccoli; green and yellow beans with baby carrots

Eat well

~Skye~
~Skye~

Postby mtns » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:47 pm

Your food looks yummy. Keep up the great work.
Kathy
mtns

Postby ~Skye~ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:12 am

Thanks Kathy! It helps to know that people are keeping tabs on me, so I really appreciate the comment.

~Skye~
~Skye~

Postby ~Skye~ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:32 am

Wednesday's menu:

Lunch: Autumn Night Soup

Snack: Corn Thins

Dinner: mashed potatoes, spinach

Thursday's menu:

Lunch: Sloppy Lentil Joes; white Basmati rice

Snack: potato chips (TopChips)

Dinner: Slow Cooker Dahl; white Basmati rice; snow peas; chardonnay

I had wine last night with dinner because I had a difficult appointment and then I had to drive home in traffic. But the Corn Thins I ate Wednesday didn't have any added oil, so at least I didn't blow that goal.

Late Wednesday I realized I was almost out of cooked food, and I needed to plan something to cook and eat. Luckily I had everything I needed for the Slow Cooker Dahl, so I put it on Thursday morning with my mother's help. I still had to go out to get the rice though, and while I was there, I got some snow peas for dinner. But, it was nice that I had stuff at home I could turn into really good food.

It made me happy to be able to whip something up. It made me even more happy once I smelled the dahl cooking. It smelled so good! I was surprised at how happy the food made me, not in intensity, but in duration. But maybe I was just surprised at being happy. Does good food generally make people happy? Are you happy with what you eat?

I don't know. It got me thinking about the role of food in our lives, and the role of happiness. I haven't spent a large part of my life happy. I know as a child, simple things could bring about blissful feelings, but as an adult that hasn't really happened. So maybe if the food can make me happy, I can find happiness in other common things - like exercise. Maybe.

Eat well!

~Skye~
~Skye~

Postby ~Skye~ » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:51 am

So, I've kind of lost track of what I've eaten the last few days. Actually, I know what I ate, I just don't know when, or at least not well enough to put it down in daily menus like I have been doing. I know I ate a lot of chana dal and white basmati rice. I made mashed potatoes last night, and I've been eating snow peas and odds and ends of vegetables I found in my freezer. Breakfast has been the same, and of course I've been eating the TopChips chips.

What I haven't eaten is anything with added oil, any flour products, or anything that is not MWL. I did have wine, and I haven't exercised either. But I've had a wonderful week. So, three out of five goals accomplished. And I lost two pounds.

If I'm being honest, the goals that were really important to me, I kept. I'm pretty good at doing what I want to do, even if it's difficult, like eating well. Where I have difficulty is if I know I should do something that I don't really want to do. Then I convince myself I don't really have to do it, and it just goes downhill from there. But the wine really does affect me negatively, so I can't have any more of that until my colon has healed a little bit.

As for the exercise, I actually seriously considered going swimming yesterday. But I didn't leave the house. I was trying not to spend any money, although going to the gym wouldn't cost anything extra. But I might have stopped by the grocery store on the way back and bought some vegetables, or peppers for dipping in hummus, or artichokes. Instead I just turned five pounds of yellow potatoes into mashed potatoes. And that sounds like a lot, but it's not really.

As for the chips, I made a mixture of Japanese sweet potato, purple potato, and purple yam. I have parsnips and carrots that I'm going to add to that, and some Yukon Gold potatoes to turn into chips too. I want to have a nice bowl of chips for my mother. Her 70th birthday is tomorrow, and she's coming over to celebrate here, so we can go food shopping on Wed. for Thanksgiving on Thur. It's a busy week. Let the holidays begin!

Eat well!

~Skye~
~Skye~

Postby eri » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:50 pm

Happy new year! Hope 2013 brings you only the best & all is well with you!
eri

Postby ~Skye~ » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:51 am

I'm not sure if I should continue on the same thread or if I should start a new one. I feel like a completely different person. For one thing I am absolutely no longer addicted to chips! Yay ME!!!! You know how I did it? I went on a juice fast for a month. Yeah, it was kinda crazy because I was dating this guy - or maybe we were engaged by that point- anyway we had really great conversations. Best therapist I ever had. But he helped me figure out why I wanted to do the juice fad. I mean, I know superficially it was all sorts of nonsense reasons, but I also knew that underneath there was something more. What it was, was that I wanted to change my relationship to food.

So, I picked a date, and that evening this yee-haw who I almost married, decided with his friend that we were going to go to the best deep dish pizza place in Sarasota, Florida. Did I say he was a yee-haw? But I made it through dinner, and that set me up for a successful fast - even though hurricane Irma came and I participated in the largest land evacuation in Florida history. I juiced for hours so I would be able to make the trip to Mobile, AL where my uncle lived. And then, again for the return trip which normally would be eight hours, but stretched into 17 hours. Boy was THAT an experience! BUT!!!! I broke myself of the chip addiction!!!!

Now, a lot else has happened - eventually I'll write a book - but I've decided to come back here, where I found so much support in the past, and begin again just like Michael Finnegan. https://youtu.be/CF-AmCqbBRY
~Skye~

Postby Ruff » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:00 am

Hi Skye....I also am beginning again (and I remember Michael Finnegan!) And look at our join dates! We are Mcdougal twins! Lets recommit together.
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Postby ~Skye~ » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:12 am

Hi Ruff - have to say that's the best offer I've gotten in a long time, and I've had some offers... I think one was from Prince Fazza - you know, the crown prince of Dubai. Yeah, he never stood a chance (I like weed WAY too much). Anyway, I would love to be your recommitment buddy. I think though that I fell off the mountain rather than coming down by a more reasonable route lol. Nice to meet you!
~Skye~

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals