Fulenn's MS page New: before/after pics on page 15

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Fulenn's MS page New: before/after pics on page 15

Postby sksamboots » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:27 pm

Awe, Congratulations! I hope you are more in love than the day you married one another! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby fulenn » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:09 pm

We are about to head to the kitchen to make our Independence Day dinner. Watermelon, blueberries, seitan sausages for the grill, nachos, baked fries, and iced water--yum!

Hope everyone on this side of the pond has a great evening and watches some fireworks! Image

We took baby for his first swim today. Bought one of those plastic pools and put it in the front yard, then put his red ball in. He was very cautious about getting in, but after I got in and splashed around, he was all for it and got in. Now he stands at the window and points at the pool, asking over and over if he can get back in. I guess we will after we eat.

Spouse is at the grocery store and said he is getting mango sorbet--love it! Also, I told everyone about the sweet vermouth with a twist that we had on Groundhog Day--yuck! My opinion is that you should definitely skip that part if you are doing a dinner that goes with that movie. The stuff was awful!

Fulenn
What if love really IS the answer?

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

My blog: http://fulennskitchen.blogspot.com
fulenn

Postby fulenn » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:30 am

Back at work again after a great summer spent with the baby, husband, and taking classes so I can stay up-to-date on what is happening in the education biz.

We are having pretty simple meals right now as it has been very hot and humid here--over 100F on most days. It wouldn't be as bad as I am making it out to be, others have it hotter, but the humidity really does me in. So easy cooking it is. Tonight will be rice, gravy, and whatever frozen veggies people want to have. Pasta for tomorrow night, and baked potatoes the night after. Boring, but most of it can be cooked in a crock pot or cooked quickly. Yea!

I have been drinking caffeinated beverages way too much this past week. I am usually good about limiting myself to one drink every week or two, but I had one a day last week. Blech! My own fault. I will be ready with iced water this week--no excuses!

Hope everyone is doing well this August!

Fulenn

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

fulenn

Postby Anna Green » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:46 pm

I feel you about this heat. I can't cook without it over running the air conditioner. I feel like cooking today so I'm seated naked on a sheet over my couch and I'm prepping veggies. Yah. No worries. Keeping all the things that need to be separate, well, separate. :D
Anna Green

Postby fulenn » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:59 pm

Anna Green wrote:I feel you about this heat. I can't cook without it over running the air conditioner. I feel like cooking today so I'm seated naked on a sheet over my couch and I'm prepping veggies. Yah. No worries. Keeping all the things that need to be separate, well, separate. :D

Can't. Stop. Laughing! :lol: But I know exactly what you mean about cooking in the heat--and I don't have as much humidity to deal with as you do.

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby fulenn » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:42 am

I am cooking for the weeks lunches now. I will be making Farley's Bowls in glass jars to take to work each day. Brown rice, sweet potato, pickled beets, dill pickles, blackberries, nutritional yeast, all on top of fresh kale and spinach leaves. Mmmmmm...

Hurricane Harvey was awful in my county--it just sat there and dumped water for days. Yuck! We have had a lot of flooding up here, but personally my family is fine. I really hope it goes better for our Florida friends since Hurricane Irma is so much stronger.

Happy September!
Fulenn

fulenn

Postby Anna Green » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:04 pm

So glad you are ok. I know it's stressful. Your food is perfect for dealing with it.
Anna Green

Postby fulenn » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:40 am

Thanks, Anna! I still find myself smelling/seeing other foods and my mouth watering for it. I don't understand how that can happen when I know where the meat/dairy came from, I know what the oil and frying food does to me, I remember how awful I felt. But I still want that stuff, almost daily it seems. I really would like to tell the lunch staff that it is too difficult for me to have to resist those smells, so beginning tomorrow, we will be eating a Starchivore diet. End of discussion. Think it will work?

Sitting here today just thinking. And cooking. More Farley's bowls for lunches next week. I am eating a bowl of steamed mixed greens, topped with brown rice, purple sweet potato, portabella mushroom, blackberries, pickled beets, dill pickle spear, and an umboshi plum. I sprinkled nutritional yeast on top. Yum!

I think I will switch careers after this year. My spouse is talking about wanting to move elsewhere and I would have to switch jobs at that point. If the company does not reassign him first, he will wait out the school year for me. My question is if I want to stay in education or not. It figures that I get my masters in an education field right before looking at other job options. LOL!

I have not felt like cooking for over a week now, so I made 7 sweet potatoes last night that I can eat this week. I am heading over to watch Doug Lisle on the most recent Webinar since Jim recommended it to Anna in her journal. Guess I don't have much to say today, so here is hoping that everyone has a great week!

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby fulenn » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:57 am

Happy Saturday!

I am eating a late breakfast of cold cereal--oats and a little bit of dried fruit, covered with soy milk. I usually eat hot oatmeal, so this is a nice change. The baby, well, he will be a 2 year old next month, has been sick the past couple of days. I stayed home with him yesterday because he was running a high fever, 102.5. We spent the time drinking fluids and reading books. I also bought him some pears since he LOVES them.

I am planning what to cook for Thanksgiving next week. We will have two guests who are willing to try anything. Yay! I know I want either butternut or acorn squash on the table. Maybe I will stuff it with cornbread dressing. I was watching a video of a 60-something woman making a vegan version of a turducken. I agree with her that it is a nasty thing. We bought one once before we started eating the McDougall way and it was horrible. But her vegan version stuffs tempeh in a block of marinated tofu and that goes into butternut squash. I don't think I could get it to look very nice, though. I guess I need to read other peoples posts and see what they are cooking. I am sure I will find something amazing!

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby fulenn » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:32 pm

Forks Over Knives sent out their Thanksgiving Menu ideas yesterday and I am definitely going to make two of the items. Curried Acorn Squash Hummus--looks awesome! I showed it to my family and they can't wait to try it. I am also going to make the Autumn Lima Bean Stew. We eat Giant Peruvian lima beans a lot, both in soup and over rice. This looks like a tasty option. I am also going to make baked red and sweet potatoes. I love baked potatoes.

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby fulenn » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:33 pm

I have decided to also fix boiled baby potatoes with chives, cherry pie and pumpkin pie, Lentil Shepherd's Pie with Rustic Parsnip Crust from FOK, and fruit salad. Sounds good to me!

Happy Thanksgiving Americans!

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby fulenn » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:12 pm

It is a nice and cold evening here. We are just sitting down to eat the hot giant Peruvian Lima bean soup I made. Sooo good and keeping us warm! I also have two fresh pineapples to cut up that I got us for Christmas dinner, but we did not get around to eating. That should also be really good.

Stay warm tonight,
Fulenn

fulenn

Postby fulenn » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:55 am

I made Moroccan Lentil Soup from FOK for dinner this past weekend. It was so good! The lemon at the end really made the entire dish just pop. I posted a picture of it here: http://fulennskitchen.blogspot.com/2018 ... -soup.html

Have a happy Friday!
Fulenn

fulenn

Postby f1jim » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:08 pm

Wow, looks fantastic. Where was my invitation?
I have to try this.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby fulenn » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:24 pm

f1jim wrote:Wow, looks fantastic. Where was my invitation?
I have to try this.
f1jim

Hey, Jim! I did buy some red lentils so I can make it by the book sometime next week. Come on over. :)

Fulenn

fulenn

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals