Fulenn's MS page New: before/after pics on page 15

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Fulenn's MS page New: before/after pics on page 15

Postby fulenn » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:33 am

We are moving! I found a great apartment, top floor, swimming pool, yoga room. Can't wait! Well, I do have to pack the entire house and sell it. Sigh. Eating this way has helped a lot. My spouse and I are happy to eat bean soup, baked potatoes, and other simple things while we do nothing else but pack and work. The kids are all gone now. Wow. What happened to the time? So we are selling, moving, and starting over. I am really excited about this! I also don't have to have a Groundhog Day party again!

Off for some fresh watermelon,
Fulenn
What if love really IS the answer?

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

My blog: http://fulennskitchen.blogspot.com
fulenn

Postby fulenn » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:19 pm

Alright, he and our friends still want a Groundhog Day party. I guess it is kind of a "we" thing. The house is almost empty. Yea! Next, we have three repair jobs that we want to do and then we will paint the entire house, inside and out. Then we can list it. I can't wait! Meanwhile, we are having cauliflower and pea curry for dinner tonight. Yum!

Fulenn

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

fulenn

Postby fulenn » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:11 pm

I bought a HUGE watermelon this afternoon and put it in the refrigerator. Can't wait until tomorrow when I plan to peel it and have it available to eat. Mmmm! Looking at making green tomatillo sauce for our mushroom enchiladas. So good. Hope everyone else is eating some yummy things!

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby fulenn » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:06 pm

We are having bean soup and homemade bread for dinner tonight. And the lettuce that I found in the fridge when I was cleaning it out. Salad, here we come! I am still cooking simple things and we are STILL moving out. Well, we are out, but we are doing a few projects and revamping a couple of rooms so we can get a good price when we sell. I am hoping to be finished in 2 weeks. I really want the house gone. Don't let yourself collect stuff and forget to purge. I have over 25 years of stuff that I have had to get rid of. I tend to be very out of sight out of mind, so most of what is in the shed I let go of years ago and did not know it. Now I do. Our new place is less than 1/2 the size of the old one. This is a good thing!

Okay, that's all for today.
Fulenn

fulenn

Postby lmggallagher » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:12 pm

Fulenn - good grief you're moving!

Sounds pretty exciting really! I hear you on the purging - boy do I ever. I think most people actually save it for the next move - if ever. I kind of did - but it never happened because mine were promotional moves mostly and you had to show up like the next week. The good part was the movers were free - the bad part was they packed up all the stuff you really needed to get rid of or recycle and well - --- yikes.

My last move was to my Mom's house after she died. I did purge a good portion of my stuff in favor of hers - but then you get sentimental on letting loose of things your parent cherished. Then again my Mom saved every check she ever wrote and stored the registers and checks in shoe boxes - those were scattered in cubbies all over the place. I found the last one in a closet that had a false lidded compartment. The place Mom used to hide our Christmas presents!

I told this to my cousin who is here staying with his 91 year old Mom keeping her company during Covid. He is cleaning out the garage - a herculean task that. And his Mom is shredding years of paper - guess what - mostly her canceled checks from the 1950's and 60s and onward!

I'm at it in earnest again - but now my living room is full of boxes of clothes (nice to be back on MWL and losing weight and hence the clothes purging) and kitchen items BUT - no one is taking donations here in Northern California! Too many people are home purging - good grief!

Best of luck in your last projects and fingers crossed for you that the house sells super fast!

lmggallagher

Postby fulenn » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:50 pm

I have found over the years that I can take of picture of a lot of things and then let the things go. Unfortunately, i still have a ton of stuff. Well, I did. We have been putting the things that we do not want out on the front lawn and everything has been taken. Except for the Victrola and it's case. I don't get it, that is probably the most valuable thing I put out there and people want dishes instead. I have also asked my children and friends what they want and given most of it to them. It helps.

We are going to eat spaghetti and pepper sauce for dinner tonight. Nothing exciting, but I really like it.

Keep going!
Fulenn

fulenn

Postby fulenn » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:27 pm

Made mac and cheeze tonight. Yum!

fulenn

Postby fulenn » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:20 am

I've been on an oatmeal kick recently. Oatmeal topped with sour cherries--Yum!!

fulenn

Postby fulenn » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:56 pm

I am often a day sleeper and night worker, but I cannot sleep today. I ate brussels sprouts during work this morning and oatmeal with sour cherries later. For lunch I had pasta with black pepper and lemon juice. Mmmmm. Now I'm just sitting here on my computer. My pet bird is really happy here at the new apartment. She is a real singer! I thought my cockatoo was noisy, but this one takes the cake. I had some watermelon on its last legs, so I am drinking it now. Agua Fresca. So good. I dumped the melon chunks in my blender, added half a pitcher of water, and a little lemon juice. Then blended it. I poured it over ice and am loving it. I have never made this before and judging from how much I like it, I should not make it again. It is tastier than soda pop and I took a long time giving that up.

Have a great day!
Fulenn

fulenn

Postby fulenn » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:53 pm

I have been eating a lot of oatmeal with tart cherries and baked potatoes recently. I changed up the oatmeal a bit: I put steel cut oats in a jar with soy milk, added vanilla, cherries, maple syrup, and vanilla. Into the refrigerator and I can eat it in a couple of days. I am also going to make a pan of scalloped potatoes. I am using a cheeze sauce with potatoes instead of cashews so I don't have all of that fat. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby fulenn » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:51 am

The oatmeal turned out really good! The scalloped potatoes, not so much. I was half-way through making the sauce, when my power went out, along with the recipe, which for some reason did not come back. I was in a hurry, so I winged it. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't delicious either. Oh well. At least I don't have to cook for the next couple of days, just make salad or veggies.

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:03 am

Oatmeal with tart cherries actually sounds delish! Did you get moved already, or still in process? Have fun purging stuff. I live with a man who keeps all the things, so...and of course I have my fair share of stuff. I hope there's no stuff in heaven.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby fulenn » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:58 am

bunsofaluminum wrote:Oatmeal with tart cherries actually sounds delish! Did you get moved already, or still in process? Have fun purging stuff. I live with a man who keeps all the things, so...and of course I have my fair share of stuff. I hope there's no stuff in heaven.

Hey, Buns! I have moved already and my house has been on sale for just over a month. sigh. About half of my stuff is gone. Yay!!! I have a few months left before we move again and my goal is to get rid of half of this. Wish me luck, I may need it.

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby fulenn » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:41 am

I went shopping yesterday and tried to get stocked up for the 2 weeks that my spouse will be gone for work. I now have three kinds of potatoes: red, yellow, and russet. Also have a few sweet potatoes. I made sure to get some more oatmeal and tart cherries. Yum! I picked up a little fresh pasta, too. It is hard to find it egg-free, but I live near Austin and can get a lot of vegan items if I look a bit for it. I have beans to make chili and corn meal to make polenta. I'm set! I've still got several bags of frozen veggies. Hope everyone has a great day!

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby fulenn » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:29 am

I finally got the chance to try out my pressure canner. I decided to make vegetable broth and got everything ready. I only made three jars of it because I wanted to try it first. Bad canning job. One jar definitely sealed, one definitely did not, and I am not sure about the other one. We ate soup for dinner with the first and put the other two in the refrigerator. sigh. But I will give it another try and see.

Fulenn

fulenn

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals