Rosey - 2011 Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Rosey - 2011 Journal

Postby Rosey » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:56 pm

went to my new doctor today. She seems pretty nice though she thinks I need to eat less starch and more veggies. She loves that I'm plant based vegan and that my charts say I've lost over 100 lbs. My blood pressure always shoots up when I go to the doctors office not sure why. at least it didn't go as high as it did with the last doctors office. She wants me to take my cuff in to them to see if it is working right and if it isn't then she wants to talk to me about blood pressure meds.
Rosey

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:04 pm

Glad you found a new doctor, Rosey and congrats on the weight loss!!! :D
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby Rosey » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:23 pm

Blood work all came in everything is in normal zones except my BUN and it was 5mg instead of the 7-25 that it says is normal doctor didn't seem worried about it though. but I looked at symptoms of low BUN and swelling of feet and legs is in them.
Rosey

Postby moonlight » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:38 pm

Rosey,

Congrats on your blood test results! That's got to feel good. :) Hopefully the swelling will go down soon. This WOE is better than medicine. It's amazing to me how quickly our bodies can heal given the right amount of certain foods and the elimination of others.
moonlight

Postby Rosey » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:04 am

My feet are doing better not perfect but better. I've been making myself do a few short around the block walks a day with my dog even with them hurting and it actually seems to help a little.
Rosey

Postby Mark Cooper » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:37 am

I'm so glad to hear you feet are feeling a little better, Rosey. Like you, I have found that if I exercise daily (without over doing it) my pain level is much improved. Take care & be well!
Mark Cooper

Postby Rosey » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:54 am

Mark Cooper wrote:I'm so glad to hear you feet are feeling a little better, Rosey. Like you, I have found that if I exercise daily (without over doing it) my pain level is much improved. Take care & be well!

Thanks Mark. Yeah I wasn't walking much because of my feet but my fibro always feels better if I exercise so when they got just a little better I decided I was pushing through the foot pain for the fibro and it's helping both. I can handle that.

Down .5 lb today. not much but I'll take it.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:04 pm

Last week I was bloated and gross feeling and reported a big gain in Maximum weight loss group. Today I lost all that gain and a little more. WOOT!!!!
Rosey

Postby Idgie » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:51 pm

Woo-hooooooooooo!
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:40 am

Great news! Way to go
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Rosey » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:17 pm

Doing less white potatoes seems to be helping with the swelling. I'm still swelling but less. Been eating brown rice or sweet potatoes for my starches also trying to get in more greens which seems to be helping me feel less fatigued.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:11 pm

went from 266.6 lbs to 265.6 lbs so a 1 lb loss this week. So nice to see it going down. I've been watching videos and reading all the journals here and thinking Wow I'm stuffed eating what I'm eating but people are eating more then I am on both. I do need to add more greens in which I seem to be struggling with which is strange because I love eating my fava bean leaves right out of the garden and Kale though bugs decided I didn't get my home grown Kale this year. Was nice just to have a garden this year. had lots of tomatoes<still eating these though they aren't on the plants now that weather has gone cold they are in house green ones in window.> , Cucumbers both green and Lemon Cucumbers, Strawberries, blueberries, Have collard starts but they are still working on getting big enough to eat. was told they are year round growth like a collard tree., My mint was yummy both regular and chocolate mints, red onions are still growing should be fine with weather since they are under ground., well they were in season I loved the sugar snap peas. I have 3 small pumpkins that I was told were mini pumpkin plants those are almost orange enough to eat., watermelon plant kept dying on me not sure why. and the bugs ate my nasty's. Then I had Fushia's for the hummingbirds. hopefully next season I'll have more beds and some honey suckle for the hummers too.

Laugh. boy I jibbery that's not my norm. laugh but I was talking garden and I love my garden.
Last edited by Rosey on Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rosey

Postby SilverDollar123 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:27 pm

Hi Rosey! You're doing great. Thanks for sharing about your garden.Sounds yummy&a lot of work. I live alone,so it's
easier to but at the farmers market. Again thanks for sharing,& keep up the good losing work. RAS :nod:
SilverDollar123

Postby Rosey » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:33 am

SilverDollar123 wrote:Hi Rosey! You're doing great. Thanks for sharing about your garden.Sounds yummy&a lot of work. I live alone,so it's
easier to but at the farmers market. Again thanks for sharing,& keep up the good losing work. RAS :nod:

I love farmers markets. Also like going to Organic farms locally. Soon my yard will be enough garden that I won't need to go.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Reading Chef AJ's newest book the secrets to Ultimate Weight loss: a revolation...

She eats 3 to 4 lbs of non starchy veggies plus her starches That just amazes me don't think I could eat that much. I love her comment about eating at least a pound of non starchy veggies for breakfast. and of course veggies with other meals as well. I've started adding greens to my breakfast so I will get them in. We will see if it helps me at all. Been 2 days of pound Greens for breakfast with rice.
Rosey

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals