Rosey - 2011 Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Rosey - 2011 Journal

Postby Rosey » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:27 am

Doing good my brain is hurting and I'm swollen but don't feel as swollen has I have been for last few months. Not near as deep of a dip in my skin when I push on it now.

eating more veggies then I was and a little less beans. Didn't realize how much of those I was really eating till I reread some stuff that said I should only do a cup a day. I was doing a lot more then that.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:25 am

I ate baked yukon gold potatoes with ketchup and spicy brown mustard most the day with some greens yesterday and feel better today.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:01 pm

ug. haven't been good at all last couple of days. pulling self back up and moving on.
Rosey

Postby moonlight » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:34 am

Congrats for catching yourself and pulling back to McD! You may struggle a bit with the cravings so brace yourself! I just had to do that myself. XO
moonlight

Postby Rosey » Wed May 08, 2019 6:03 pm

geez I'm terrible at posting regularly.. Hubby and I put ourselves on a debt getting rid of mission and it seems to be helping with weight even if it's not completely helping with my swelling yet.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Fri May 10, 2019 10:10 am

284 lbs today. little swollen but not has bad as I have been.
Rosey

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri May 10, 2019 2:21 pm

I'm not surprised that getting disciplined in your debt has leaked over to weight loss. When we're strong, our strength touches many places in our lives.

Well done, catching yourself and getting right back to McDougalling. Keep going!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Rosey » Sat May 11, 2019 4:44 pm

Sick today running fever. Been just drinking water because tummy is upset. Hopefully over it before tomorrow since my Son is planning to come visit me tomorrow for Mother's day. Just figured I would check in. My swelling doesn't seem to be going away no matter what I do. Just going to keep doing healthy things and hope they decide to quit giving me issues.
Rosey

Postby moonlight » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:44 pm

Hi Rosey,

I've missed "seeing" you in the Weigh-In thread for June. I hope you are doing well.

XO
moonlight

Postby Rosey » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:28 pm

moonlight wrote:Hi Rosey,

I've missed "seeing" you in the Weigh-In thread for June. I hope you are doing well.

XO

Thanks for checking up on me. I've been having a lot of swelling and tons of migraines. Doctors just gave me new meds for the migraines and also gave me new blood pressure meds. When I went in my blood pressure was 178/112. They are thinking the swelling could be my kidney's starting to have issues. Migraines have been bad enough I couldn't even look at the screens. The meds are definitely helping.
Rosey

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:41 am

Glad to see you Rosey! Hope everything turns around for you, soon!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby moonlight » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:11 pm

Rosey wrote:
moonlight wrote:Hi Rosey,

XO

Thanks for checking up on me. I've been having a lot of swelling and tons of migraines. Doctors just gave me new meds for the migraines and also gave me new blood pressure meds. When I went in my blood pressure was 178/112. They are thinking the swelling could be my kidney's starting to have issues. Migraines have been bad enough I couldn't even look at the screens. The meds are definitely helping.

Hi Rosey,
It's good to hear from you. I hope your new meds are making you feel better and the kidneys don't become an issue. Keep eating healthy. It's one thing that you can control.
moonlight

Postby moonlight » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:06 am

Hi Rosey,
I put a comment to you in the August Weigh-In thread. I thought I'd post it here as well. I hope you are having a good day. Glad to hear your garden is coming along. My flowers looked their best while my MIL lived with us. :D

moonlight wrote:
Rosey wrote:Hi everyone. Been an interesting few weeks.... Clearly I need to take better care of myself when things get stressful and someone offers me junk at same time it's stressful. Getting back on track now and reporting in. My FIL fell and cracked his hip 6 weeks ago and when they let him out of rehab he had to come here for a few weeks and keep wanting to get junk foods oh my. He is able to be on own now but his apartment isn't ok for him. He will be moving in with his Daughter and SIL once they get bedroom cleaned for him but for now he's living in his apartment on the main floor and going to her house to do showers. Whole time he was with us he was complaining and grumping about not being in his home town where most his friends are. luckily 1 of his friends does live down here and came and got him a couple times and went to dinner together. Seeing how I handle this I need to be more prepared in my mind to say no to things and get myself out in garden if someone is grumping at me that can't make it out to the garden. Love him dearly and lived with him for many years but he is so different when he's in pain and not in his own town. Change isn't setting well with him. I keep praying that he does ok moving in with his daughter and her family.

Hi Rosey,
It's good to hear from you. Life has a way of whipping us around sometimes. I think you are so kind to move your FIL into your house when he needs it. Hopefully, his situation will improve. You are doing the right thing to get back in the MWL groove. Sometimes eating can feel so out of control but really it is one of the things in our lives that we can control. Better eating equals better health everytime. I am wishing you the best. :)
moonlight

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:57 am

Hey Rosey...Been thinking about you. Hopefully everything is okay!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Rosey » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:19 am

bunsofaluminum wrote:Hey Rosey...Been thinking about you. Hopefully everything is okay!

Been having ups and downs but I personally am doing ok. no losing weight but I am doing better at cutting out sugar and it's making me feel better. Right now it's hard to leave it a lone because my best Friend for 31 years passed away on March 4th. but I have been able to because I think every time I don't want to end up there early too. I loved her so much. More like Sisters then friends. Thank you so much for asking about me. I really needed that right now. HUGS!!!
Rosey

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals