Rosey - 2011 Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Rosey - 2011 Journal

Postby Rosey » Mon May 23, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi Everyone. My name is Condalicia but I go by Connie or Rosey a lot. I've been having a weight issue forever. Long time ago when my kids were little I tried the McDougall Diet but I let people talk me out of staying on it even though I felt better and had lost 100lbs after a year on it. Since then I've tried other ways of eating and none of them made me feel like I did on McDougall.

When I went off McDougall program I gained the 100lbs I had lost back and then some. Got all the way up to 399lbs. Tried weight watchers, Richard Simmons, Slim Fast and even Atkins. I got so sick on Atkins that I felt like I was dieing and ended up in hospital.
Since then I tried just eating just low cal like the doctor wanted and keep feeling sicker not better. I lost down to 254lbs then I had hysterectomy and it didn't matter that I was still eating same way and exercising weight was coming back on all they way back to 327lbs. Blood pressure went up and I got put on meds. From October 2010 till I started back on the McDougall Program I was really feeling sick and drained.

I decided to go back to the McDougall Program I've been back since 4/10/11 and I have went from 327lbs to 310lbs.
My blood pressure is down to normal. All my blood tests are great except my vitamin D and it's 19.5 so almost in the optimal range.
Feeling healthier again and enjoying life.
Rosey

Re: Rosey - 2011 Journal

Postby Melinda » Mon May 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Welcome to the board Rosey! Good to have you here, and pursuing excellent health!
Melinda

Postby Rosey » Tue May 24, 2011 9:38 pm

Played with they boy I babysit today. We play games all the time that exercise me and add extra weight ie him.

we got the garden planted today. So great to be able to grow our food.

B: Oatmeal with fruit
S: Rice with Salsa
L: Oatmeal
D: Rice w/mushrooms and acorn squash

I had some juice which isn't on the weightloss part of it but every thing else was.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Thu May 26, 2011 9:00 am

Was a great day at home watching it rain outside and watching the little boy I babysit play and playing with him. We exercise together it's a lot of fun. My hubby says he's going to buy me an air popper so I can make popcorn without butter. I used to have one and I loved popping popcorn spraying it with a tiny bit of low sodium soy sauce and sprinkling with nutritional yeast.

B: Oatmeal with maple syrup
S: small red potato with salsa
L: Rice with mushrooms and acorn squash
D: Home made veggie soup that I put to much cayenne in laugh.
Live and learn I say. and Corn on the Cob.

Actually slept really good last night first time in a very long time.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Thu May 26, 2011 10:57 pm

Today I had Oatmeal with maple syrup and banana for breakfast, left over soup for lunch and a big salad for dinner with a cup of pinto bean soup. and for snack I had air popped popcorn with low sodium soy sauce spritz on it and nutritional yeast sprinkled on it.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Tue May 31, 2011 11:49 pm

went to my family's this weekend love going there and knowing my mom is eating the same way I am. We went to Laughing Planet for Vegan Burritos was really good. Main reason I went down was to go to BBQ/Auction that was being put on to help my sister with her medical bills. She has brain cancer and the bills are stacking up fast. Even at BBQ Mom and I took things that we could eat and we enjoyed time with family and friends.
Rosey

Postby Gypsy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:43 am

Oh, my, goodness....what a story....I've only been on board since the first of this year and love reading the Journals...so glad you have your mom to McD with. I have my DD whose doing well also. So sad :-( to hear of your sister's illness. I look forward to your updates. :nod:
Gypsy

Postby Rosey » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:12 pm

thanks Gypsy. I'm enjoying being back on this lifestyle it is so much healthier for me. I feel tons better. That in it's self makes it easier for me to stick to it.

Yesterday

B: Oats with banana
S: Airpopped popcorn with spritzed soy sauce and nutritional yeast
L: Brown rice with unsweetened Apple Sauce
D: Curry stuffed Peppers with Curry Tomato Sauce

E: Walk with my hubby.
Rosey

Postby burgh_grl » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:21 pm

Rosey wrote:Was a great day at home watching it rain outside and watching the little boy I babysit play and playing with him. We exercise together it's a lot of fun. My hubby says he's going to buy me an air popper so I can make popcorn without butter.Hi Rosey..& WELCOME :-D ! This is for many an on again, off again journey, but when it CLICKS, (when you've decided you've HAD enough!! and come back, it's a truly wonderful thing!) I used to have one and I loved popping popcorn spraying it with a tiny bit of low sodium soy sauce and sprinkling with nutritional yeast.Just wanted to add tht one way I make my air popped, is to put two or three tablespoons of popcorn in a plain brown lunch bag,fold over the top so it won't open, and microwave it for up to two min.'s...pour into a bowl immediately...DONE. Then...you can add your seasonings :) i too, love to add lowsodium tamari with a tiny spritzer bottle :) That controls my portion a bit better too. My air popper is dusty, in storage...soon to be donated :nod: A great day to you!! ;-)

B: Oatmeal with maple syrup
S: small red potato with salsa
L: Rice with mushrooms and acorn squash
D: Home made veggie soup that I put to much cayenne in laugh.
Live and learn I say. and Corn on the Cob.

Actually slept really good last night first time in a very long time.
burgh_grl

Postby Rosey » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:15 pm

I got my new air popper. went walking for 3.5 miles today and was a little sore but it felt good.

B: Oatmeal with banana
L: Veggie Sub with vinegar
D: Vegetable Chili
S: Air Popped popcorn with sprayed on Tabasco sauce and nutritional yeast
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:12 pm

Was a good day. Played with the little boy I babysit. He's my weights at 33lbs. I lift him with my legs and with my arms well we are playing. Also went for a short bike ride with my hubby then came home and rested.

B: oatmeal with banana
L: leftovers from last nights dinner vegetable chili
S: Baked Yam<Shared it with the kiddo I babysit.>
D: Dijon potatoes
S: airpopped popcorn with Tabasco spritzed on it and nutritional yeast.
Rosey

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:39 am

Rosey, you go girl! I'm pulling for you. So glad you're feeling better. I agree, within days of giving up the dairy, I began to feel better. Never dreamed that cheese was a big part of the problem. and the more processed foods I gave up, the better I feel. Last year I was sure I was going to die. DD is feeling better too. :?: I wanted to ask what kind of bike do you have :?: DD got me a new one for my birthday, but it was defective....the handle bars weren't tight and the first day I rode it, I went down big time. She was able to return it and now we're thinking about getting a Schwin. I'm still a little gun shy thinking 190lbs is too heavy for a bike, but maybe the Schwin dealer could measure me properly for one. Won't be able to get it until next year...Schwin are pricey, but you get what you pay for :nod:
4am and I have a pot of soaked beans on the stove. I'll eat on them and the left over brown rice...maybe some frozen broccoli. Yesterday I cut out the fruit, sure hated to with some nice cherries and banans in the kitchen. But I'm stuck on 191 and want to drop at least under 190.

Have a great day :nod:
Gypsy

Postby Rosey » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:30 am

Gypsy wrote: I wanted to ask what kind of bike do you have :?: DD got me a new one for my birthday, but it was defective....the handle bars weren't tight and the first day I rode it, I went down big time. She was able to return it and now we're thinking about getting a Schwin. I'm still a little gun shy thinking 190lbs is too heavy for a bike, but maybe the Schwin dealer could measure me properly for one. Won't be able to get it until next year...Schwin are pricey, but you get what you pay for :nod:

Have a great day :nod:

I have a townie electra Your probably small enough for the sit that it comes with I actually had to get a different seat got one of those $60 fat butt gel seats for it. My hubby paid $500 for the bike. The bike you had probably wasn't defective it all depends on how well the person that put them together did it. Schwinn's are very good bikes as well. I tend to try to avoid the normal store type bikes because they usually don't put them together right. Bike shops are more spendy but you know they have them together right and they will give you a tune up and check the bolts after you've had it for a bit. Hubby and I are big into bikes. We collect old vintage bikes our oldest ones are 1936 his and hers Shelby airflo bikes. So fun.

190lbs is definitely not to heavy for a bike. I've been riding bikes even when I was 399lbs though at that weight it was a recumbent trike my ex sold it or I'd still have it.
Rosey

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:20 am

Rosey, thanks so much for the info. Bikes are certainly better than walkers, aren't they :lol: I'm sure DD and I will get into bikes within a year. 14 year old GD just started riding and she loves it. A pretty pink Schwinn....she's into pink...a couple of high school girls called out to her, "oh, look, it's Barbie" and then a high school boy started circling her on his moped, "hey, Cutie"....then he saw us and took off :lol:
Gypsy

Postby Rosey » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:10 pm

Had a great weekend ate good all weekend. We went to car show and took potatoes, salsa, sugar snap peas, carrots, oranges, and water with us.

Got to figure out what is causing my bloating because I'm doing it even when I don't add any salt to my food.

Bloated and sunburned today fun fun. still down a pound from Friday's way even even with the bloating.
Rosey

Next

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals