Rosey - 2011 Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Rosey - 2011 Journal

Postby debparker » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:29 am

Congratulations on all your hard work and weight loss Rosey! And 1x! I have a long ways to go to get there.

Your determination is very inspiring!
debparker

Postby Rosey » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:06 am

Thanks Deb. A friend of mine just got under 200 eating this way we were doing a happy dance for her recently.

Deb got me thinking about what I've been doing and not doing since I haven't been listing my foods on here. I seem to eat same things most the time and thought that boring. Even when I eat out I eat mainly the same foods.

When I eat out my worst enemy is Taco bell, Cafe Yumm, and Mexican restaurants.

Though we did just find a Mexican restaurant that will cook me food without oil in it. WOOT!!! and it's way to close to home. We had been eating there for almost a year and talking to owner a lot when we were in there and he asked me if you could change anything about your food in here what would it be. So I told him to have it cooked without the oil in it and he said no problem just request that at each visit and that he was changing his menu's to add more vegan items and asked me a lot of questions. He already had 5 Vegan items on the list and plan on putting more. after talking to him and finding he would do that for me I talked to Cafe Yumm and I can order their food with out the sauce with added salsa instead and not have the oil. So that's 2 spots I can stay on my MWL plan so just got to make myself leave T Hell a lone because they won't alter it.

boring or not I think I'm going to start listing my foods again.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:27 am

Told hubby I didn't know how I was still in a 1X with my weight going up lately and he goes most your swelling is in your feet, legs, hands, arms and face that wouldn't affect your clothing size. Been doing better but not perfect since Saturday. Potatoes and Greens have been my friend last few days and think I can feel swelling going down some. Doc doesn't need me weigh in every day now that she's had over a month of me doing so. She isn't sure what's causing it but I'm pretty sure it's my vegan junk food that I need to leave a lone. So I'm going to try making sure I keep track in here. If I don't post for some reason please please ask me how I did. I want to be accountable.
Rosey

Postby moonlight » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:11 pm

I'm with you, sister! I plan to write down everything I eat. I have been eating too much junk food lately, too. My plan is when I'm in that mood where I want to eat and eat and eat, I'm going to try to eat MWL approved food or at least McD approved. I have my own personal salt shaker. I'm going to start measuring 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt for the day and only use that so I don't overindulge. I know we can do this. I'll check on you and feel free to check on me. We can give each other encouragement and support. Good luck to you! :)
moonlight

Postby moonlight » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:46 am

Hi Rosey, I realized I told you the wrong amount of salt that Dr. McD said would be okay per day and be enough to make food more enjoyable if we miss the taste of salt. It is 1/2 tsp - not 1 1/2 teaspoons! If you have the MWL book, I'm referring to what he wrote in Chapter 15, page 195. :D
moonlight

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:31 am

Though we did just find a Mexican restaurant that will cook me food without oil in it. WOOT!!! and it's way to close to home

reminds me of the old "fortunately/unfortunately" stories we used to tell.

"A man jumped out of a plane. Unfortunately he didn't have his parachute. Fortunately there was a huge haystack below. Unfortunately it had a pitchfork in it" :lol: I know I'd be uber tempted to eat at that restaurant ALL THE TIME. How cool that the owner asked you how they could improve! what a treasure!

There's a few places that I know I can eat out 100% compliant and when we don't go to those places, I do the best I can. I still haven't gotten up the courage to request no oil.

Keep on going! Hopefully your swelling will go down soon. Very cool about the 1x. I was appalled to have to buy 2x nightygowns recently :( after having been in a M for some of my clothing, that was REALLY rough.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Rosey » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:00 am

moonlight wrote:Hi Rosey, I realized I told you the wrong amount of salt that Dr. McD said would be okay per day and be enough to make food more enjoyable if we miss the taste of salt. It is 1/2 tsp - not 1 1/2 teaspoons! If you have the MWL book, I'm referring to what he wrote in Chapter 15, page 195. :D

Doctors are telling me my sodium is low not high. It was almost low enough that they almost put me in hospital first time they checked it. It's now on the lower end of normal.

My food yesterday was mainly on plan but I was bad on got a soda for caffeine when my migraine was threatening to come on. I did have more then a cup of beans. I think Beans are one of my down falls I could eat way to many of them.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:05 am

bunsofaluminum wrote:
Though we did just find a Mexican restaurant that will cook me food without oil in it. WOOT!!! and it's way to close to home

reminds me of the old "fortunately/unfortunately" stories we used to tell.

"A man jumped out of a plane. Unfortunately he didn't have his parachute. Fortunately there was a huge haystack below. Unfortunately it had a pitchfork in it" :lol: I know I'd be uber tempted to eat at that restaurant ALL THE TIME. How cool that the owner asked you how they could improve! what a treasure!

There's a few places that I know I can eat out 100% compliant and when we don't go to those places, I do the best I can. I still haven't gotten up the courage to request no oil.

Keep on going! Hopefully your swelling will go down soon. Very cool about the 1x. I was appalled to have to buy 2x nightygowns recently :( after having been in a M for some of my clothing, that was REALLY rough.

Laugh. To tempting for sure but we are trying to get out of debt so eating out needs to be at a minimum, We will do this. hugs
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:59 pm

Didn't plan good enough for food today. Ended up driving to Eugene to take my sis to MRI appointment and ate lunch and dinner out. First meal I did good second nope definitely didn't. Tomorrow is a stay at home and eat potatoes and greens day.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:26 pm

Did pretty good on food till end of night then I had a soda and fig cookies. gah.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:56 am

Soda seems to be my nemesis. I leave it a lone till I feel a migraine coming on then I go grab one because the caffiene seems to make them less painful. Leaving other junk a lone.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:40 am

Did fantastic yesterday. Now to do it again today. Also got seeds planted inside to go outside once they get a little bigger. Never planted Tomatoes or Peppers from seed but did this time will see how it goes.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:00 am

A 10-POINT CHECKLIST FOR MAXIMUM WEIGHT LOSS (MWL)

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.

2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual
volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally
processed starches.

3. Choose fruit for desert.

4. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet
sugars and salts too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.

5. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).

6. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).

7. Eliminate any added oil.

8. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e. bread, bagels,
muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn
and dried fruit.

9. Don’t drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).
Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably
full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.

10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise
daily (i.e., brisk walking).

Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably
full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.

Posted this on my fridge and now here. Most of this is easy to me. Tortillas and Soda need to leave my food plan completely. Seem to be main two things I'm tempted to eat. The salt part I'm actually low on sodium but I'm trying to get it from Celery and other higher sodium veggies. Doctor keeps checking my sodium because it was way to low and it's barely in normal zones now.
Rosey

Postby Lyndzie » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:55 pm

Hi Rosey! Your post on blood serum sodium jogged my memory and I remembered this old post from Jeff: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=48908&p=503288&hilit=Low+serum+sodium#p503284

The body maintains a certain level of sodium balance that is not directly related to dietary intake. It has many systems it uses to maintain this balance.

Not sure if any of this is helpful. I love watching your journey. You’ve come so far and I love watching your determination!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Rosey » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:41 pm

Lyndzie wrote:Hi Rosey! Your post on blood serum sodium jogged my memory and I remembered this old post from Jeff: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=48908&p=503288&hilit=Low+serum+sodium#p503284

The body maintains a certain level of sodium balance that is not directly related to dietary intake. It has many systems it uses to maintain this balance.

Not sure if any of this is helpful. I love watching your journey. You’ve come so far and I love watching your determination!

Hummmmm. interesting but just confuses me more as why mine was low when all I was eating was potatoes, rice, beans, veggies and fruits and drinking water and lemon water at time old doctor accused me of lying to her and then tested my sodium and it was way to low almost hospital low she said. My Mom and both sisters have low sodium issues too. I kinda threw my hands up at that point and gave up gained weight back because I had been down to 245 lbs from 399 lbs well strictly doing McDougall and went back up to 307 lbs and now jumping with in days of each other from 260's to 290's. When I threw hands up I let things back in I shouldn't really have and having a hard time getting myself back off them. mainly soda, some oil<when out with friends/hubby>, and tortillas. I still cook with no oil and low salt but if there is salt in a seasoning I don't worry about it anymore like in my trader joes mushroom seasoning or chili lime seasoning other then those still lower on salt then my doctors seem to want me. Even they confuse me on what I should and shouldn't be doing. They do keep telling me to eat more greens to see if it helps and for last week I have been doing greens daily swelling does seem to be less we will see if that trend keeps up. I told my hubby to say something if he see's me grabbing things he knows I really don't want to drink/eat. Lately I have been reading and working on doing celery and stuff like that to get sodium instead of salt so will see what happens next time they take my sodium levels.

It's not meds causing the issue either because every time they would put me on one it would make me start passing out so I wouldn't take them anymore. took blood pressure and it's high when I got to them but low or normal when taken anywhere but the doctors office.

I feel best eating potatoes and greens and fresh veggies from garden with a tiny bit of fruit it's when I start adding anything else that I seem to start having more issues. that's including Rice and/or beans but I love my rice and beans. Leaving them a lone for a bit though and see if I feel better again.
Rosey

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals