Rosey - 2011 Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Rosey - 2011 Journal

Postby moonlight » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:39 pm

Rosey wrote:Well the scales may be up but I went to get new bras and shirt and I am in a 1X instead of a 3X now. my biggest was a men's 6X so I'm happy with the 1X women's.

Rosey, this is great news! Congratulations!! I bet you are really really happy with that outcome! This way of eating is so powerful. I hope your pain and swelling abate soon.
moonlight

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:05 pm

Yay for the size reduction! I'm excited and so proud of you! Well done
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Rosey » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:35 am

Yeah at least the size going down gives me a reason to distress since scales aren't being agreeable.

Been eating a lot of potato, onion, garlic, mushroom, and carrot soup with different seasonings.

haven't got enough walking in with it being cold out but been doing some walking inside.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:10 pm

So flustered but I am going to figure out what is causing my weight ups and downs. been watching what I eat, drink, and watching scales as doctor ordered and think I might be seeing a slight pattern that I can switch up. If I'm right maybe just maybe I'll quit jumping from 263's to 283's with in just few days of each other.

some of today's is because I let a soda slip back in and I always swell after I do that. Days I swell most are days I don't drink enough plain water, days I eat less non starchy veggies, or let something slip in that isn't MWL like nuts, bread, or soda. Buckling down and will see what happens. amazing what you realize your doing when your writing every thing down.
Rosey

Postby anne57 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:19 pm

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Postby Lyndzie » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:29 pm

Those weight swings are just crazy. Sorry you are going through that. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Rosey » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:43 pm

Lyndzie wrote:Those weight swings are just crazy. Sorry you are going through that. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly!

yeah goes up and down like crazy and skin gets so tight it hurts. Going to figure it out. Health is getting better all the time.
Rosey

Postby Mark Cooper » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:26 am

My heart goes out to you, Rosey! It can feel so infuriating to not be able to isolate a reason for an issue one is facing, especially when it has a physical effect. I am so hopeful that your continued diligence will bear fruit. Wishing you all the best and that you feel better very soon!
Mark Cooper

Postby Rosey » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:21 pm

If I posted all my ups and downs on here you guys would go WOW. 20 lbs in either direction with in a few days of eachother. been between 263lbs and 283lbs this morning was 274.8lbs waiting to see what Friday will bring. Feeling better right now don't have as much swelling. Notice the swelling affects more then my pain levels brain fog and strange feelings that I can't even seem to decide what they feel like. Doctors are going to do a colonoscopy on me on the 15th. They seem to think that can help them figure out what's going on with me hope so but I don't see how that can.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:53 pm

for next 7 days I have to do no seeds or nuts or cookies, ice cream, or breads the last few are easy but wow I eat a lot of Tomatoes and cucumbers and it clearly has written like Tomatoes and Cucumbers and berries. laugh. Guess my hubby gets to eat my yummy Organic Tomatoes I bought. Hummm does that include Rice seems like that might be considered a seed.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:52 pm

Well that 7.7 lbs I put on last friday from the Friday before it is lost this Friday. Didn't stay down at weight I posted other day but at least I lost the 7.7 lbs I had gained the week before.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:43 pm

clear liquids today for my colonoscopy tomorrow boy am I wanting to pick up food and eat it. laugh. Was kind of surprised what they allow on a clear liquid diet. Soon as I saw it my brain started going remember those banana twin pops you used last time you did it and another part of brain went apple juice or tea would be better.

List they gave says
ok to drink

water
Juice <without pulp>
apple
white grape
lemonade <without pulp>

soda <regular and diet>
gatorade
tea <with sugar OK>
coffee <black only, no cream>
gelatin <without fruit>
popsicles <without fruit>

Do Not Drink
anything Red, Purple, or Orange
Milk <cow, soy, almond, rice, hemp, coconut>
alcohol
smoothies/protein drinks
orange juice
grapefruit juice
tomato juice
soups including clear broth
and repeats the anything red purple or orange.

Seems like they wouldn't want you to have some of the stuff they allowed.

I have to be there at 6:15am

Just glad it will be done and over in less then 24 hours. and then hubby has to deal with how I'm doing after.
Rosey

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:31 pm

Good luck to you! I’ve heard peppermint tea is good before a colonoscopy. Not sure the how’s and why’s, but it would be tasty. I took my husband for one a few years back, afterwards he decided while still a little wonky that he wanted chicken wing s as his “first meal,” yuck! Hopefully you have something better!!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Rosey » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:31 pm

Lyndzie wrote:Good luck to you! I’ve heard peppermint tea is good before a colonoscopy. Not sure the how’s and why’s, but it would be tasty. I took my husband for one a few years back, afterwards he decided while still a little wonky that he wanted chicken wing s as his “first meal,” yuck! Hopefully you have something better!!

I've heard that as well. Will definitely have better then that. laugh. I've been completely vegan since April 10th 2011
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:35 pm

Well as I said on weight loss board I'm doing good after the colonoscopy. Just had 1 polyp. I just read that my diverticulitis I was diagnosed with years ago is actually Diverticulosis and sometimes get confused for each other. and that it is considered mild which it wasn't mild at all the last time I had a colonoscopy. So glad that's not as bad. I saw pictures both times and this time looked so much better then the last time. Doctor said I was really health for someone my age and weight.

Only issue after is gas and slight tummy ache.
Rosey

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals