Rosey - 2011 Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Rosey - 2011 Journal

Postby Mark Cooper » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:16 am

Hi Rosey! I've found with my current chronic foot / ankle pain that riding an actual or stationary bike is one of the aerobic exercises I can best tolerate - and my pain almost ALWAYS goes down after a session on the bike so I try to make sure I ride at least 4 days / week. I really wish you the best - I didn't realize how much painful feet can affect one's life until I had this problem and I hope you are not finding it to burdensome and unpleasant. My thoughts are with you, take care.
Mark Cooper

Postby VegSeekingFit » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:11 pm

Hope your feet are feeling better, Rosey! :)
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby Rosey » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:26 pm

They have been less swollen last couple of days. Though I made mistake of sitting barefoot in a chair that was on bark so I'm soaking my feet at moment to get the oils from it off my feet since I'm allergic to bark .
Rosey

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:36 am

Hi Rosey,

I'm glad you found an exercise you can do without hurting your feet. Keep it up!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:25 pm

Hi Rosey, :-D

Hoping all is well with you!! Saw your post on MWL that you are even this week and Woot! something to be said about that … so, know you are in the midst of some tough times and just wanted to say that I'm rooting for you and send you good thoughts. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Postby Rosey » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:51 am

VegSeekingFit wrote:Hi Rosey, :-D

Hoping all is well with you!! Saw your post on MWL that you are even this week and Woot! something to be said about that … so, know you are in the midst of some tough times and just wanted to say that I'm rooting for you and send you good thoughts. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Stephanie

Thank you Stephanie. Yeah body is still fighting me for some reason. When I ask doctor she doesn't seem to concerned just says people that have high blood pressure tend to get swollen feet. even after I told her my blood pressure hasn't been high in over a month she still didn't seem to worried about it but my feet hurt bad.
Rosey

Postby VegSeekingFit » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:31 pm

Rosey wrote:
VegSeekingFit wrote:Hi Rosey, :-D

Cheers,
Stephanie

Thank you Stephanie. Yeah body is still fighting me for some reason. When I ask doctor she doesn't seem to concerned just says people that have high blood pressure tend to get swollen feet. even after I told her my blood pressure hasn't been high in over a month she still didn't seem to worried about it but my feet hurt bad.

Hi Rosey,

Hope that maybe today brings some relief to your hurting feet. Hang in there.

Take care,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Postby Rosey » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:04 am

ug. feet are still swelling to point of hurting and doctor seems unconcerned because all obese people get that eventually she says.

So finding a new doctor soon.
Rosey

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:30 am

Rosey wrote:ug. feet are still swelling to point of hurting and doctor seems unconcerned because all obese people get that eventually she says.

ew where is she? I wanna go slap her!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Rosey » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:08 am

bunsofaluminum wrote:
Rosey wrote:ug. feet are still swelling to point of hurting and doctor seems unconcerned because all obese people get that eventually she says.

ew where is she? I wanna go slap her!

She's in Portland, Oregon area. I live in Salem, Oregon now so good time to change doctors even if we do go up there off and on. Hour drive to see a doctor I don't like I don't think so. now to see a Dentist I love yep I'll do that.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:27 am

Wow I haven't posted on my Journal for a bit. I lost 2.2 lbs this week so down to 274.5 lbs Feet still swelling bad. Mornings aren't as bad as the evenings but still painful.
Rosey

Postby Idgie » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:22 am

I agree with others; I would seek out a new doctor. Hope it gets figured out soon!!
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Postby Rosey » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:27 am

I went online and changed to a doctor that is a little closer. The new one is also a D.O. so might be a little more open to things then last one. I see her for first time on the 5th of October. Her picture looked like a happy smiley person and her name is Jessica L. Smiley. Hubby switched to her too. Jessica is also my daughters name so if name says anything maybe just maybe we will get along and work things out.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:39 pm

I got on scales today even though tomorrow is actual weigh in and I loved the scales today. I'm out of 270's barely. 269.1 lbs lets see what I am in morning. Since I was bad and weighed yesterday too and was lb heavier then I am today. My feet are still swelling but not as bad as they were. I had a dream that said if I didn't start getting in more water I was going to die. Was a bad dream but I started drinking more and my feet are doing better. I wasn't drinking much at all.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:32 am

272.6 lbs last week and 268.8 lbs today for a total loss of 3.8 lbs. WOOT!!! I'm in the 260's now for the 250's. My feet are doing so much better since I've been drinking more water. Barely swollen last night and not at all this morning. Hope this trend continues.
Rosey

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals