Rosey - 2011 Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Rosey - 2011 Journal

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:29 pm

Rosey wrote:
bunsofaluminum wrote:Hey Rosey...Been thinking about you. Hopefully everything is okay!

Been having ups and downs but I personally am doing ok. no losing weight but I am doing better at cutting out sugar and it's making me feel better. Right now it's hard to leave it a lone because my best Friend for 31 years passed away on March 4th. but I have been able to because I think every time I don't want to end up there early too. I loved her so much. More like Sisters then friends. Thank you so much for asking about me. I really needed that right now. HUGS!!!

Oh no! I'm so sorry to learn about your dear friend. :( That is extremely painful. ((HUGS))
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Daydream » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:47 pm

Rosey, I'm so sorry about your dear friend. That is tough to get through. Be gentle with yourself during this difficult time.
Daydream

Postby Rosey » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:26 pm

Thank you both. It is very tough expectally trying to stay strong and help her husband and caregiver with things.
Rosey

Postby lmggallagher » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:20 pm

Hi Rosie:

I'm back after a year of absence here and came to check on how you are doing. Sad for you that it's a hard time now - the loss of your friend, your health and your FIL recovery. That's a lot and it must just be overwhelming often.

I'm glad the new medications are helping you - I know how hard it is to stay on track with this eating - but you've been a role model ifor many of us here in past and I know when things even out - you'll be able to keep on course!

Best to you - be well! - Michelle

lmggallagher

Postby Rosey » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:50 pm

lmggallagher wrote:Hi Rosie:

I'm back after a year of absence here and came to check on how you are doing. Sad for you that it's a hard time now - the loss of your friend, your health and your FIL recovery. That's a lot and it must just be overwhelming often.

I'm glad the new medications are helping you - I know how hard it is to stay on track with this eating - but you've been a role model ifor many of us here in past and I know when things even out - you'll be able to keep on course!

Best to you - be well! - Michelle

Hugs. Thank you for checking on me. Definitely not been easy FIL has now moved into my SIL's so he can be closer to his grand kids actually glad he did that before my friend passed. We started renting that room to a friend but he blew a disk in his back a month ago and won't be able to work till they do surgery and health scare is making them put him off longer. Craziness.

Trying to center on my health and not worrying so much about others at moment. Can't help them if I'm down and out.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:26 pm

Hi everyone. Been a bit since I've logged in. Finally got my doctors to run a bunch of blood tests after years of me having issues and bruising a lot. When they ran them they also ran tests for my thyroid and did ultrasound on my liver. What we found out is that I have Hemophilia which is why I'm getting bigger bruises then anyone should get and that has caused me to be anemic. I also have Non alcoholic fatty liver disease which they say is causing Hypothyroidism. Been refreshing my mind by rereading Mcdougall's books and watching Esselstyn's on youtube, and reading books from most of plant based doctors. I'm back to trying to help myself and not letting others influence what I'm eating I have to or it's going to kill me. I've been learning a few new dishes thanks to Jan and Ann Esselstyn that I really like and are helping me start losing again. I had got back up all they way to 317lbs I'm back down to 308lbs but still heavier then I was when I first was on here losing. as for the Hemophilia back when I had my daughter they told me I had Pregnancy induced Hemophilia but they never tested me to see if I still had it after having my kids and it looks like I did. My doctor for that says a lot of issues I've had are definitely signs of it. They are running more tests to figure out exactly which type of Hemophilia I have. Amazing how much blood they have taken to find out what all is going on.
Rosey

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:54 pm

Hi Rosey!

glad that you're getting some answers...hopefully it will all be helpful in getting you to robust, hearty, energized HEALTH!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals