Rosey - 2011 Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Rosey - 2011 Journal

Postby Rosey » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:18 pm

Amberlicious wrote:Nice kitchen, Rosey! I hope you feel better soon. It's not easy to do all that physical work when you are so sore.

Yeah hurting anyway and doing that really made me hurt more. Doesn't help that I'm allergic to the oil based primer I used on counters and the polyurethane that I used on counters and floor. It's cold outside and I've been bundling up and opening doors to let some of the smell out.

I will make it through and will have a beautiful Kitchen that I want to be in more then rest of house. giggle.
Rosey

Postby lmggallagher » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi Rosey!
The kitchen is looking great! Just dropping in to say I'm back. You're doing good McD wise too. Fibro is killing me right now too. No painting here :lol: It's the barometer moving up and down between storms here in California.

lmggallagher

Postby Rosey » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:33 pm

lmggallagher wrote:Hi Rosey!
The kitchen is looking great! Just dropping in to say I'm back. You're doing good McD wise too. Fibro is killing me right now too. No painting here :lol: It's the barometer moving up and down between storms here in California.

Yeah it's been way to cold that does it to me too but the swelling I think is the paint. Started thinking about when I started swelling and it was at start of us starting to paint around inside the house.
Rosey

Postby SilverDollar123 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:10 pm

Happy Birthday Rosey! Have fun today & enjoy it...RAS
SilverDollar123

Postby Rosey » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:44 am

SilverDollar123 wrote:Happy Birthday Rosey! Have fun today & enjoy it...RAS

Thank you. Actually tomorrow but started celebrating today. Friends made hubby and I dinner, dessert and played Christopher Robin movie for us and gave me some pretty tulips with rosemary. Everything was Mcdougall friendly.
Rosey

Postby SilverDollar123 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:50 am

Oooooo!Now you can celebrate 2x without getting any older! lol Enjoy. RAS
SilverDollar123

Postby Rosey » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:00 am

SilverDollar123 wrote:Oooooo!Now you can celebrate 2x without getting any older! lol Enjoy. RAS

Stayed Vegan but wasn't as good when I went out with my Cousin and her son.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:05 pm

Started 2018 at 307 lbs and starting 2019 at 272.2 lbs Could of been better but I will take that loss and try to improve it this year.
Rosey

Postby Lyndzie » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:16 pm

Rosey, you have come so far! I wish you continued success in the new year.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:18 am

Hey Rosey! Congrats on the weight loss for 2018! Go, grrrrl!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Rosey » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm

Thanks Ladies. I've been kinda flustered this year so far. Don't know what I'm losing and gaining with my water weight going up and down so much. My feet and legs get so swollen sometimes and other times they look almost normal. don't think the swelling has gone completely away for months now. This last month my nerve issues have been flaring up too. I'm told myself yesterday even is enough I'm fighting my health issues with everything I got. I may never be able to do somethings again but I'm going to do my darnest to do as many of them as I can again. I need to check in here more it really helps me concentrate on my health. I've taken 2 falls this week because of my left leg not doing that it's supposed too. Started using my trekking sticks since trying to keep myself from having another fall. I wrote the MWL rules down on wide post it notes and taped them to the frig. Hubby doesn't have much in house that doesn't meet my food plan but his bread definitely doesn't and his avocados are so hard to leave a lone. I think those are my main cheat triggers so seeing the rules on the frig might help me think before I eat.
Rosey

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:04 am

there you are! Yes, posting here is HUGE for my success. Even though my successes are riddled with cheats :? but having this forum to post on makes a huge difference to my 85% compliance...so keep posting here!

Sorry about your falls :( but it's good that you have the alpine walking sticks. That's got to help. Keep on going!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Rosey » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:18 pm

bunsofaluminum wrote:there you are! Yes, posting here is HUGE for my success. Even though my successes are riddled with cheats :? but having this forum to post on makes a huge difference to my 85% compliance...so keep posting here!

Sorry about your falls :( but it's good that you have the alpine walking sticks. That's got to help. Keep on going!

They are REI's Traverse trekking sticks. They are a blessing when I'm having flare ups.

So far today I've had a bowl of soup and I got some air fried fries going in air fryer <steak version so they meet MWL> Not sure if my Cheeze sauce does or not. I cut up potato, onion, and carrot cook in my instant pot for 5 minutes with water then I let it cool and blend it with garlic, chickpea miso, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika and sometimes I add other spices depending on my mood.

Then dinner will probably be more of the soup.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:29 am

Food today.

3 bean burritos with red sauce
2 bowls Potato, carrot, onion, garlic, and cayenne soup

things I shouldn't have done. Soda and the shells on the burritos.
eating a bowl of beans with red sauce would be good too why do I think I need the shells?

exercise very short walks with my dog since my leg is acting up on me.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:56 pm

Made more Potato, carrot, tomato, garlic, onion, cayenne pepper and veggie broth soup today. I have been wondering what Jeff would say about it since I do blend part of it to thicken it. I prefer thicker soups.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nJPtzi1UuFUrYYBo9

Picture of said soup sometimes it has more chunks then others but usually about like that.

Didn't get enough exercise in today with all the rain we have had. I have a urban rebounder but I don't seem to use it when I'm in the house. I really should. I have walked back and forth a lot till one of the neighbors started asking me why I was always walking around in my livingroom. I love and hate having a huge window in my living room. said neighbor has moved thank goodness.
Rosey

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals