tina's weight loss journey

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: tina's weight loss journey

Postby tinathescreamer » Tue May 18, 2021 3:10 am

after 2 weeks of 80-90% compliance (a little milk in my coffee, a spoonful of raisins on my cereal, one slice of bread and peanut butter - no binging!) finally weighed myself and I am 84 kg (185.2 pounds) I didn't celebrate by eating! on to my next goal of 180 lbs.
tinathescreamer

Postby Ruff » Tue May 18, 2021 2:20 pm

Congratulations! Good luck for getting under 180lbs.

I have been through all this before, I lost around 100lbs on the standard programme, and all you have to do is work the programme and not cheat and it works. Just keep on doing it, you got this.

PS...was the one slice of bread and pb worth it? I generally find I really look forward to a little cheat....and then dont enjoy it half as much as I expected.
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Postby tinathescreamer » Wed May 19, 2021 2:59 am

kia ora Ruff. I enjoyed the salt in the pb, but really noticed the added sugar. I have found it fairly easy to give up sugar and have lost the taste for chocolate, but I really struggle to cut back on salt. Today I automatically added it to the rice while cooking, and can still feel it in my stomach and oesophagus. Given that the Koreans have the highest salt intake and also the highest rate of stomach cancer this is not a good sign.

I find if I tell myself I have to cut something out completely I rebel and wind up stuffing myself on it, so I'm trying giving myself permission to have small treats without self recrimination afterward. I'm trying to keep it to once a week, but if it creeps up I will have to rethink. The hardest thing is eating out, when everyone else is digging into the goodies it's hard not to feel deprived...

re your comment on financial control leading to weight control, it's the same with me. atm I am participating in a Lower the Grocery Bill Challenge and finding ways to eat healthy on a low budget. No more day old bread! No more 99 cents a dozen eggs! No more mac n cheese! the only thing I bought today was a 10kg bag of potatoes. this also includes an Eat Up the Pantry Challenge, which also explains some of the treat foods.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Thu May 20, 2021 4:31 am

I forgot to say I finished the last of the pasta last week and am not buying any more. It is allowed on MWL but I find it too easy to overeat, so should make a difference.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Sun May 23, 2021 4:06 am

dropped another kilo (2.2 lb). I have made a real effort to cut back on salt this week, Each morning I measure out one quarter of a teaspoon of salt and that is all the salt I use during the day.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Fri May 28, 2021 3:34 am

a friend gave me some of her homemade fruit bread. It was so rich and so sweet I'm still not hungry, so didn't have dinner.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Sun May 30, 2021 12:42 am

I had lunch out with friends and the only vegan option was beer battered and deep fried banana with fries and coleslaw with oil and vinegar dressing. I must have had 50 or 60 grams of fat. I was still full at dinnertime so just had a microwaved potato.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:49 am

Lost another pound. I have not been very active which partly accounts for the slow loss. They say slow and steady is best for actual fat loss. But I still need to cut back on salt.
tinathescreamer

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals