Keeping myself accountable

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Keeping myself accountable

Postby goal140 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:24 pm

Good evening,
Breakfast, this morning was oatmeal with banana and a green smoothie consisting of power greens, peppers, cucumber, pineapple and strawberries.

Dinner, this evening was a bowl of vegetable soup with beans and rice and a piece of sourdough bread.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:26 pm

Happy Fathers Day!

Did some gardening before breakfast to get away from the heat. My garden is starting to produce. So far, it’s been blueberries and cucumbers.

Breakfast was oatmeal with banana, blueberries and cinnamon, with broccoli,carrot and a parsnip.

Dinner consisted of the last of the veggie gumbo and brown rice with a slice of sourdough bread. I still feel hungry. Will give it 30 minutes to see if I’m still hungry.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:43 pm

Good afternoon,

My usual breakfast: Broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and oatmeal with banana and blueberries.

Dinner: Vegetable soup with beans and brown rice.

For dessert, I had cherry-banana nice cream.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:23 pm

Good afternoon,

My garden is finally producing. This morning I picked blueberries, cucumbers and yellow squash. I would already have harvested peppers but they are rotting before ripening. No clue why

Breakfast: Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots with oatmeal, banana and blueberries.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:39 am

Good morning,

It’s a busy weekend for me. At weigh-in, I weighed 164. Down 22 pounds since March.

Breakfast: Broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:37 pm

Hi all,

Breakfast: Broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with multigrain hot cereal with blueberries and banana.

Lunch: Pickled purslane. It was my first time trying to pickle. Not bad, if I do say so myself!

Dinner: Pinto beans with a cucumber salsa consisting of: cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion and parsley with lime juice. The cucumber salsa came from the McDougall recipe collection.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:00 pm

[quote="goal140"]Hi all,

Breakfast: Broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with multigrain hot cereal with blueberries and banana.

Lunch: Pickled purslane. It was my first time trying to pickle. Not bad, if I do say so myself!

Dinner: Pinto beans with a cucumber salsa consisting of: cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion and parsley with lime juice. The cucumber salsa came from the McDougall recipe collection.

I had eaten an early dinner, so by 9 PM I was hungry and air fried a russet potato!
goal140

Postby goal140 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:50 am

Good morning,

I went out to my garden this morning to check it out, like I usually do. My cucumbers aren’t doing very well. Maybe the just need more water.

For breakfast I changed things up a bit, I had a salad consisting of a spring mix with onion, cucumber, apple, black beans and balsamic vinegar. I’m still hungry. I will give it a few minutes to see if my body and mind sync up. I ended up not eating anything else.

Dinner: Cucumber salsa consisting of cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, lime and black beans.

Snack: Nice cream made up of strawberries and pineapple.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:47 am

Good afternoon,

No wonder I was hungry, it is later than I thought.

Lunch consisted of hot, multi-grain cereal (oat groats, barley, millet, rye, spelt and quinoa) with banana and blueberries. My usual veggies, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots

Dinner: Cucumber salsa, cucumbers, tomatoes, onion and lime juice with pinto beans.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:09 am

Good morning,

For breakfast this morning I had broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and yellow squash.

Dinner this evening was a veggie soup with beans, rice and corn.

Dessert is a knock off of apple pie, consisting of oatmeal, apple, applesauce, raisins, and banana. So delicious!

It is 9 PM and I am hungry. I will not eat because it is late. I think I need to have dinner a bit later, I have been eating between 4:45 and 5:15. I’ll try to eat a bit later, maybe 6, see if that helps.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:47 pm

Good afternoon,

I had a chiropractic appt. this morning to help loosen up one of my hip flexors, and it made for a late lunch.

Lunch: Big salad, consisting of spring mix, cruciferous crunch, orange pepper, apple and cucumber with balsamic vinegar. Oatmeal with apple, applesauce and banana.

Dinner: lentil soup with veggies and rice.

I ate dinner around 5:30 and around 8:30 I’m hungry again. So I fixed myself an air fried potato.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:31 am

I Good morning,

I have to have some dental work done and can’t eat after 9 AM, so I’m going to be hangry tomorrow!
I’m fixing myself a big breakfast this morning. I’m having my usual, just more of it!

Breakfast: Broccoli, carrots and zucchini, with hot multi-grain cereal with banana.

You know what they say about the best laid plans..
So I didn’t get to eat the multi-grain cereal and banana. I had to help clear out a shed that is in the process of falling down, so we can replace it with a new one. I can’t eat 4-6 hours before the procedure. I did manage to eat some watermelon.

Won’t be able to post anymore today!
goal140

Postby goal140 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:13 am

Good afternoon,

I was in an altered state yesterday ( under the influence of drugs due to my dental work) when my husband asked me what I wanted to eat and I replied “pizza”. Normally I wouldn’t have. Instead of eating it, I went to sleep (I have no recollection “). So for breakfast I had a slice of pizza.
Lunch found me eating a salad consisting of a spring mix with orange pepper cucumber, red onion, watermelon with balsamic vinegar.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:35 am

Hello there, Saturday’s weight 161 (7/10/20)

Been gone too long. Now I’m back.

Breakfast: Black beans, sweet potato and collards. This was my first try eating collards and I steamed them. The meal was sooo good! I am now snacking on yellow pear and sun gold tomatoes from my garden. The sun golds are so sweet! I’m also eating some blackberries out of the garden.

Dinner tonight was a McDougall soup, a black bean soup with onion, garlic, yellow squash, fire roasted tomatoes, corn and brown rice. Then I had nice cream with a banana and blueberries.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:37 pm

Good evening,

The day just scurries by and before I know it, it is 6:30 PM.

Breakfast: oatmeal with a peach.

Lunch: Black beans with cucumber and tomato salsa.

Dinner: Black beans and brown rice with sweet potato and collards. Yum!
goal140

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals