The Cheesecake Factory - Success!

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

The Cheesecake Factory - Success!

Postby AnnetteW » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:33 pm

I meet weekly with a group of women at different restaurants and it is definitely sometimes difficult.

Today we ate at the Cheesecake Factory, and if you've ever checked out their nutritional information, you can't help but wonder how they get the fat content so very high.

Prior to going I scoured the menu for items and went in with my list for my salad. I also had read they have a Skinnylicious Mustard Vinegrette that was 15 cals per serving, I figured it was from the carbs, but I read the information online incorrectly and it did have 5 cals from fat. Luckily I had only a very small amount (it tasted so good I thought it was a regular dressing, but it wasn't).

So my greens with garbanzos and corn, other veggies and the dressing was divine. That was one of the best salads I've received at a restaurant, most don't care enough, and some just don't have the ingredients.

Oh and I did double ask that none of the ingredients were in oil. They did ask if I wanted the beets and I thought they might be roasted so I said no, even turned down avocado.

I'm giving myself a pat on the back. I will stick to vinegar when out, but now to try to recreate that dressing....

Last edited by AnnetteW on Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
AnnetteW

Re: The Cheesecake Factory - Success!

Postby Mom+Me » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:52 am

Mmm...that salad sounds delicious, AnnetteW!

Once you come up with your version of the salad dressing, please do share!

Did you post a picture of the salad? Whatever it is, it's only showing image and not the actual image.

Congratulations on all your preparation before going, all your questioning while there, and saying no to the avocado; great self-control...kudos! :nod:
"Eat your heart out (of trouble)!"--Dr. John A. McDougall
Mom+Me

Postby JeffN » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:55 am

Congratulations.

One can do well at Cheesecakes by doing what you did, asking questions, checking out the menu and the nutrition and ingredient information online.

There was one near Pritikin and one of our semi-regular dining out trips was to Cheesecake Factory

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby AnnetteW » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:59 am

Hopefully I got the photo to show up properly.

Jeff, it's quite interesting that you all ate at The Cheesecake Factory. Do you remember any special items?

I would really be interested in what people eat at different restaurants, as it is a regular occurrence in my life. And if I want to be successful at my health, I have to find how to be successful eating out. I will not just stay home and miss the experience, though I will admit I get tired of the cost.

Also, my husband and I have been watching Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares lately (our current binge watch) and I'm becoming afraid of the sanitary conditions of restaurants.

Friday's lunch will be at a new to me Mexican restaurant and I hope to have good success there too. I will scour the menu. But I tend to get black beans and corn tortillas with lettuce and tomato on the side.
AnnetteW

Postby JeffN » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:08 am

AnnetteW wrote: Jeff, it's quite interesting that you all ate at The Cheesecake Factory. Do you remember any special items?

Well, it has been over 12 years and I have not looked at their menu. What I used to order was one of several entree salads that would come with lots of greens, and veggies and also peas, corn, beans, and usually also some chicken or friend onion or something unhealthy. The dressing I would get was plain balsamic vinegar

Since everything there was made to order, I would make sure they left off the bad CRAP and filled the bowl/plate with the healthy stuff and extra beans, peas, corn, etc.

AnnetteW wrote: I would really be interested in what people eat at different restaurants, as it is a regular occurrence in my life.

I am sure you mean, what is adherent, if anything, that they eat.

Sadly, in the world we live in, restaurants are the biggest challenge and without exception, the more you visit them, the harder it is to be adherent. Even Vegan, Raw, WFPB restaurants. Eating out more often is associated with declining numbers not only in our world but in the real world too. We see it hear and at the 10-Day Program all the time. Maybe you will be the exception but I wouldn't bet my (or your) health on it.

Here is a recent thread on the topic I put up, which includes recommendations and expose’s of vegan/WFPB restaurants.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=60642&p=612320&#p612320

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby debknott » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:06 pm

That salad looks fabulous! You did a great job in getting them to make it for you.
debknott

Postby Mom+Me » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:31 am

debknott wrote:That salad looks fabulous! You did a great job in getting them to make it for you.

Ditto! Thank you for reposting the salad; it looks so good! What a great reminder that we can use cooked green beans and other veggies than corn, which we already do.

Do you like salsa? They usually are oil-free and you could have that with your black beans and corn tortillas, etc. at the Mexican restaurant.
"Eat your heart out (of trouble)!"--Dr. John A. McDougall
Mom+Me

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning