Categorized listing of most popular recipes..?

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Categorized listing of most popular recipes..?

Postby Hal » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:28 pm

I appreciate all the suggestions i get when i ask about 'your favorite recipe' for a meal idea, however, for those of us who are alien to the kitchen, trying to cook, and knowing what recipes to go ahead and try making can be hit and miss. So it occurred to me that a list of the 'most popular' recipes is something i could use. There are hundreds of McDougall recipes, and hundreds more offered up by WOE folks on the boards, and internet. For example, today i am considering making WOE burgers, yet i know there will be many different recipes to try. It would be so awesome if there was a list of 'most popular recipes' that newbies could reference - where you could look up 'burgers' for one example, and find the most popular 'patties', be they faux meat or other kind of sandwich 'patty'. Or, for days to come, what is the most popular WOE salad?, salad dressing?, casserole?, pasta dish?, etc. Folks could reference such a list and go buy all the various ingredients for a recipe with confidence that it will most likely go into the menu rotation. What do you think? Is there way to 'poll' McDougallers to generate such a list? Is a popularity list a good idea? :)
Hal

Re: Categorized listing of most popular recipes..?

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:55 am

Go up to the announcement section at the very top of the food, recipes and Meal planning page. You will find two lists of McDougall recipes compiled by Letha, who used to post here frequently. I miss Letha.

I'm not sure anyone can tell you which recipes are most popular because that's a matter of personal preference, but it's a good place to start.
Vanilla Orchid

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning