Simple Gluten free flatbread

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Simple Gluten free flatbread

Postby Ruff » Sun May 31, 2020 12:03 am

I have a very simple and tasty flatbread recipe. Its gluten free, and I know how hard it is to find a 'whole food' gluten free bread.

! cup red lentils
2 cups water.
1/2 teasp salt (optional)
Flavours: optional: garlic for garlic bread, cinnamon and vanilla for 'sweet' bread, herbs for herby bread...you get the idea...

Put lentils and water in a bowl. Leave for at least 3 hours and up to 24. Overnight is great.

Put lentils, water, salt or other flavours into blender. Blend until totally smooth and creamy, no lentil bits remaining. A high speed blender works best.

Pour mix into a non stick pan (yes...I know....) about as much as for a pancake. swirl around pan. cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, flip and do the other side for about 3 minutes.

Eat!

My favourite is with cinnamon, and then with mashed banana or stewed apple spread on it for breakfast.

I am considering trying a variation where I bake the whole mixture in one go in a pan in the oven on baking parchment to get away from the non stick pan, but I haven't tried it yet. maybe tomorrow...
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning