Question about eating enough food

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Question about eating enough food

Postby Jerribel » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:07 pm

I started this program 1 week ago, I find that I feel full and maybe bloated all the time, I can’t physically eat. Is this a common occurrence and is there something I can do about it?
Jerribel

Re: Question about eating enough food

Postby Lyndzie » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:55 pm

So, the rules are eat when hungry until comfortably full. Repeat when hungry.

Therefore, if you are not hungry, don’t eat.

Now, depending on your previous diet, you may not be used to the fiber, and that will require a little bit for your body to adjust.

Also, the recommendation is to keep beans around 1 cup per day. When I first started eating this way I was eating way more than that, which can cause a person to feel bloated and/or gassy. Make sure you plate is at least 1/2 starch, and enjoy!

If you would like, you can post a couple days worth of food, then we can see if there is any tweaks that could be helpful. Good luck!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Hal » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:46 pm

Something that happened to me and may happen to a few others, is that before i found a few easy WOE dinner lunch and breakfast recipes i would not be able to eat my cooking even when extremely hungry because hunger feels like upset stomach. I was interpreting my upset stomach from lack of food as my being 'full', but the opposite was the actual case, and my stomach was always upset so i couldn't eat much when i tried. I was getting thin and understood that i was not getting enough calories, but with the upset stomach it was a major task to eat more than a few fork or spoon fulls and i was done - for about twenty minutes.. when my stomach would feel even worse. The short version is, I was not eating enough, and that was upsetting my stomach and made me think it was 'full' after a few bites. Eventually i found three delicious WEO meals i could eat until stuffed, even WITH upset stomach. Once i was getting enough calories in the day the stomach settled down. :)
Hal

Postby Jerribel » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:56 pm

Thanks for your replies. I think my body is not used to the fiber and I may have overdone it. I will see how it goes
Jerribel

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning