Cooking through The Starch Solution

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Cooking through The Starch Solution

Postby Shmookitty » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:03 am

I made the Rainbow Rice from there and my husband loved it! I added 1/3 cup black beans to my single portion and then he ate the rest of the pot! :-D
My name is Renee, McDougalling starting October 5, 2019
Shmookitty

Postby Lyndzie » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:08 pm

Just a heads up: Sunsweet Lighter Bake is no longer produced. Use an equal amount of fruit purée instead (apple, plum, banana, etc).
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby moonlight » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:47 pm

Hi Serene,

I love your plan! I did that with the MWL cookbook. I discovered several recipes that I make over and over. I never got to all the recipes - some just didn't seem appealing but I got about 75% of them. Good luck! I look forward to reading about your adventure.
moonlight

Postby AnnetteW » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:01 am

It is a fantastic idea. I love to buy cookbooks (and check more out from the library) but I rarely actually cook out of them.

I did make the mushroom gravy over polenta in the quick and easy cookbook and it's awesome. I made my own polenta. Hmmm...I need to put that on the menu again.
AnnetteW

Postby moonlight » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:46 am

serene wrote:
moonlight wrote:Hi Serene,

I love your plan! I did that with the MWL cookbook. I discovered several recipes that I make over and over. I never got to all the recipes - some just didn't seem appealing but I got about 75% of them. Good luck! I look forward to reading about your adventure.

By the way,did you post about which recipes you made/liked/disliked? If so, can I get a link to the thread?

Hi Serene, I missed this response when you wrote it in November. I posted comments to the recipes in my journal. It was when I first started the journal but it would be tedious to read about the recipes. I like how you started a thread dedicated just to the recipes. You have inspired me to start back and finish all the recipes in the MWL cookbook. I made notes in my cookbook so I can go through and find recipes that I liked a lot, or suggestions on modifications to the recipes as written. I might start a thread on the MWL cookbook recipes.
moonlight

Re: Recipe 11, Veggies Benedict

Postby moonlight » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:04 pm

serene wrote:Verdict: Love this! For me, the sauce needed to be a little thicker and saltier. I was using oat milk instead of homemade cashew milk because I'm not eating nuts right now, so I just thinned it with a little extra cornstarch slurry, and then it needed a pinch more salt. Excellent sauce, though, and less heavy than vegan cheese sauce, so it will be something I eat on everything for a while.

Hi Serene,
Thanks for reviewing this recipe. I will try it. The recipe is in the website recipes. It just feels wrong to eat anything that is similar to a sauce for Eggs Benedict. :lol:
moonlight

Postby Lyndzie » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:51 pm

I love your insta handle. So funny!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby BlackBeanSoup » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:19 am

I LOVE the "My Caesar Salad" dressing! I usually add chickpeas, corn, and grape tomatoes to romaine lettuce to make it the main part of my meal. I eat it every few weeks when not on MWL. Currently I am trying to figure out what I can replace the ground almonds with so it complies with MWL.
BlackBeanSoup

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning