Favorite Bean Salad

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Favorite Bean Salad

Postby JuicerJohn » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:08 pm

This is a summer favorite of mine, but I make it all year 'round. My bean salad is a zesty blend of beans, celery, carrots, and onions, and topped with my own Balsamic dressing.

Salad Ingredients:
1 15 oz. Can Black Beans *
1 15 oz. can of some other bean, I like Pinto or Garbonzo, rinsed
1 15 oz; can String Beans, drained
2-3 stalks Celery, diced
2-3 medium Carrots, diced
1 medium Yellow or Red Onion, diced

* I use 365 Brand Spicy Black Beans, so I don't rinse them as the bean liquid adds some flavor. If you don't have spicy black beans go ahead and rinse them.

Dressing Ingredients:
1/3 C Napa Valley Grand Reserve 25 Star Balsamic Vinegar
1 1/2 T Brown or Dijon Mustard
1-2 T Brown Sugar **
1/2 t Oregano, pulverized
1/2 t Sweet Basil, pulverized
1/4-1/2 t Ground Black Pepper
1/4 t salt, or to taste

** If you prefer a tangier dressing, omit the sugar.

Measure out the vinegar in a 1 cup measure, and then combine all other ingredients in the same cup. Stir until brown sugar is dissolved and mustard is well blended. Set aside.

Preparing the salad:
In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients and add the dressing, toss. Continue to toss until the beans and veggies are well distributed and the dressing is mixed in.

Refrigerate until ready to serve. This salad is best if allowed to sit for a few hours so the flavors blend.

I usually have this salad as a lunch. I love it because I just spoon it into a bowl and it is ready to enjoy.

I hope you love this salad as much as I do!
Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. John 14:6
JuicerJohn

Re: Favorite Bean Salad

Postby Daydream » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:50 am

This sounds great! Thank you for sharing that recipe.
Daydream

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning