What are your maximum weight GAIN dishes that are WOE?

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

What are your maximum weight GAIN dishes that are WOE?

Postby Hal » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:57 pm

Title says it all. Getting over flu. I want to stick to the program if i can but must regain the weight i lost.
My regular recipes presently have no taste, i chew and chew and for some reason don't want to swallow - (flu got my nose plugged up). I must eat lots of these recipes to maintain weight. I understand this would be for rare occasions when my weight has slipped.
Any ideas? I was fine up until the flu hit as long as i ate a LOT, and it is easy when not sick. Thanks. :)
Hal

Re: What are your maximum weight GAIN dishes that are WOE?

Postby Lyndzie » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:53 pm

Here you go! https://ucdintegrativemedicine.com/reci ... ugh-balls/

I like these with walnuts in place of almonds, and 2 tbsp of cocoa nibs thrown in at the beginning (and skipping the chips). Quite rich and chocolately.

Another would be peanut butter smoothie: 1 c vanilla almond milk, 2 frozen bananas and 1+ tbsp peanut butter.

What about adding some edamame to a veggie stir fry? Or a sprinkle of nuts on oatmeal? It’s the whole concept of passive overconsumption. Salting food is suppose to increase consumption by 11%, so that might help, too.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Hal » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:21 pm

Thanks, Lindzie. Those look like good ideas. I felt recovered enough to get to the grocery store today - picked up some 'sheddies' and almond milk- i've had two bowls today so far - will get more foods tomorrow. I had no food left in the house - no beans or potatoes, my staples - and the spaghetti i usually love was not going down so yesterday i resorted to a few cups of water/pure fry's cocoa/and sugar. Kept me going long enough to get to the store. I learned a lesson about keeping things in stock for when i can't get to the store.
Hal

Postby Lyndzie » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:27 pm

Once you get some food and fluids back in your weight will probably bounce back really quickly. Bummer to hear you were so sick. I’m glad you’re on the mend.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby forgood » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:14 pm

I make a potato tofu stew but personally trying to avoid tofu for weight loss, but since your trying to gain you might like it.

boil:
potatoes
extra firm tofu
broccoli
any other vegetables you like

Then Strain water,
add soy milk to make it a creamy stew and any spice you like.
forgood

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning