Raspberry Vanilla Chi Jam

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Raspberry Vanilla Chi Jam

Postby patty » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:02 pm

https://vegnews.com/2017/1/raspberry-vanilla-chia-jam

Easy to make. I used the 3 berry frozen fruit/vanilla for the vanilla bean and agave for the maple syrup. I froze some bananas to use the jam as a topping.

Aloha, patty
patty

Re: Raspberry Vanilla Chi Jam

Postby Lyndzie » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:25 pm

This looks delicious! Thank you!!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby patty » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:56 am

I put a couple of frozen bananas, that I froze in half's, into a quart jar, and used a immersion stick blender. They weren't frozen completely. It worked, I added some of the jam. In the future when freezing bananas I will cut or break them into smaller pieces. Maybe adding a splash of water or letting them sit for awhile so they aren't so hard when really frozen would be needed. The clean up was so easy as I ate right from the jar.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby patty » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:58 pm

Today I put a split frozen banana in a pint jar, and into the microwave for 30 seconds. It was still cold, but defrosted enough for a immersion stick blender to work in seconds. The cold banana was creamy, I added some of 3 berry vanilla chi jam. It was perfect in taste. I imagine if I had 3 or 4 or more frozen bananas, and did the same only in larger container it would work the same for more than a signal serving. So fast and easy. I didn't have to add any water/or plant milk to soften.

Aloha, patty
patty

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning