Weekend Prep - 9/30

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Weekend Prep - 9/30

Postby victw » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:22 pm

I'm on maintenance and miss the camaraderie of the MWL weight loss thread. Here's my way to stay engaged. Share what I prepped for the week. And I hope you will all join in - my weekly prep is still a work in progress.

Pasta salad - found a yummy pasta salad - and I attempted to match the veggies with the pasta for a 50/50 split. This looks like it will be lunch for 4 days.
No soup this week. Honestly I feel a bit demoralized - both of last weeks soups were edible. But missed the mark. I'm passing on soup this week.
Baked 4 sweet potatoes. Couldn't find smaller ones. So I'm thinking this might actually be 5 or 6 portions.
Cut up a pineapple. This should be 1 of my fruits for 4 days. (I take two servings of fruit every day for work - the candy jar and junk food is out in full force - and I only expect it to grow as the holiday season kicks in to full force.)
Steamed 1 lb of beets. This is for 2 of us. I try to limit how much I have every day due to some of the changes induced by beets.

This won't cover the week - but gets me off to a strong start.

What did your weekend prep look like?

Vic
11/1/19 Sloppy - 137.6/21.55
1/1/19 Still maintaining - 134.8/21.11
10/12/18 Maintenance wt - 136.4 BMI 21.36
5/6/18 151.8 lbs 23.8 - Normal. 4/8/18 154.6 lbs BMI 24.2 - Normal. 3/11/18 161 BMI 25.2 Overweight.
3 years staying on plan is the goal.
victw

Re: Weekend Prep - 9/30

Postby Idgie » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:39 pm

Great idea!

Today, I roasted a whole mess of sweet potatoes. My partner made a big batch of kimchi slaw. Tomorrow, I'll cook up a pot of lentils. And I organized the pantry so I can see what's already there.
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Re: Weekend Prep - 9/30

Postby Lyndzie » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:51 am

This past month I’ve had my A game in for food planning, but we moved this past weekend and still trying to get my feel back underneath me. I cooked a pound of canary beans, and made them into a basic bean soup. We had Taco Tuesday on a Monday this week, and I had a parent meeting last night, and my husband made the kids pizza. Tonight is still undecided. Tomorrow night Grandma is watching the girls so my husband and I can celebrate our wedding anniversary! Friday night will most likely be sushi and miso soup.

The nights are getting cool here, but it’s still in the 80’s and humid during the day. The maple trees are starting to turn red at the tips of the branches. Not quite sweater weather yet, but I’m so looking forward to wool socks and chili with cornbread.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning