What's up with tortilla's?

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: What's up with tortilla's?

Postby AlwaysAgnes » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Doing_Dirt wrote:So I am still new here. Did a search and got about 5000 hits on the tortilla key word.

Can someone educate me on whole wheat, brown rice, and corn tortillas?

Also I have these Thai ramen style soups called Wai Wai. Seems its made from wheat flour and not sure if I can eat it or not.

Thanks,
-Jay

Look at the ingredients list to see if it contains oil. Not sure, but I think the Wai Wai noodles probably contain oil. If it doesn't contain oil (or animal parts/products), you're getting close to safe ground for regular McDougall program. McDougall's maximum weight loss doesn't allow flour products, but I think it allows corn tortillas. For tortillas, pretty much the only ones you'll find in the store without oil will be corn tortillas. Whole grains and products made from whole grains are promoted above more refined grain products, so those would be preferable most of the time. I'm not sure if this comment actually addresses what you want to know. If it doesn't, you might have to be more specific.
You don't have to wait to be happy.
AlwaysAgnes

Re: What's up with tortilla's?

Postby Ltldogg » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:32 pm

Your thread Subject sounds like a bit Jerry Seinfeld would perform on Stand-Up:

"What's the deal with Tortillas? I mean are they bread, Frisbees or what???" :lol:
Ltldogg

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning