Rice bread

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Rice bread

Postby AlwaysAgnes » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:09 pm

For those who like to make bread, here's an old-fashioned rice bread recipe that makes a loaf like cornbread. It's a simple recipe with limited ingredients (rice flour, water, yeast, and salt). I think you could use brown rice flour or grind your favorite rice into flour. To avoid greasing the pan, you could use a silicone pan or line a pan with parchment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MBxcdv8EDc
You don't have to wait to be happy.
AlwaysAgnes

Re: Rice bread

Postby Vegankit » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:30 pm

Very interesting - I was surprised that he got a nice texture from the rice without adding gluten. Looks easy enough to make. Have you tried it? Alas I can't eat rice so this recipe isn't for me.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Postby AlwaysAgnes » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:05 pm

Vegankit wrote:Very interesting - I was surprised that he got a nice texture from the rice without adding gluten. Looks easy enough to make. Have you tried it? Alas I can't eat rice so this recipe isn't for me.

No, I haven't tried it. I'm too lazy. :lol: I just thought it was interesting and maybe someone avoiding gluten or corn might be interested in the recipe. There are other rice bread recipes, and I think you can also buy rice bread, but the other ingredients in it might be questionable (oil or whatever).
You don't have to wait to be happy.
AlwaysAgnes

Postby Vegankit » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:02 pm

AlwaysAgnes wrote:..... and I think you can also buy rice bread, but the other ingredients in it might be questionable (oil or whatever).
I have looked at many gluten free commercially made breads that had rice in them - and yes lots of questionable ingredients. I bought two that were oil/fat free and they had an awful gummy texture with a horrible after taste - I just gave up on bread since I can't have gluten, rice or corn now.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning