seitan cutlets made with beans and oats

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

seitan cutlets made with beans and oats

Postby AlwaysAgnes » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:45 pm

I'm pretty lazy, but once in a blue moon I like to make some kind of seitan. Yesterday I made Bryanna's seitan cutlets that are made with vital wheat gluten, oats and (cannellini) beans. They turned out well, so I thought I'd share the recipe link. http://veganfeastkitchen.blogspot.com/2 ... -bean.html

I don't buy quick oats, so I used regular rolled oats pulsed in the ninja to break them up a bit. I substituted tahini for the oil in the wet ingredients (you could sub any liquid) and just used a few drops of dark sesame oil for flavor in the simmering liquid. You could also omit or maybe put some toasted sesame seeds in the simmering broth instead. I made the recipe for 9 cutlets. (There's also a recipe that makes a large batch of 27 cutlets.) Probably the easiest way to divide the dough is with kitchen shears. That's what I did anyway, after first shaping it into a log. Snip the log into 3rds. Then snip each third into 3rds.
You don't have to wait to be happy.
AlwaysAgnes

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning