A very lazy meal

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

A very lazy meal

Postby Vegankit » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:55 am

I was grocery shopping in Trader Joe and so tired that I didn't want to have to fuss much to make a meal when I got home.

My solution was to buy a bag of frozen hash brown potatoes, a bag of green and red pepper and onion mix and a bag of frozen roasted cauliflower. When I got home I opened all the bags. The potatoes were hand tossed with the pepper/onions and spread out on parchment paper and put in the oven at 350 degree F. The roasted cauliflower was spread out on parchment paper on a separate pan as I wasn't sure if it's cooking time might be different. At some point DH raised the temperature up to 400 degree F. We just left it cooking, at 30 minutes DH rearranged to food on both pans to encourage even cooking - then kept checking every once and awhile until the food was done.

The cauliflower was done about the same time as the hash browns, so next time I may incorporate it into the hash browns.

It's good to have meals that you can throw together quickly.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning