Peanut butter sandwich

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Peanut butter sandwich

Postby Miss Kay » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:38 am

Is it okay to have organic peanut butter no added sugar on Ezekiel bread for a quick meal? I saw Dr. McDougall on YouTube say he eats that occasionally to keep from getting too skinny. Well, I'm not too skinny but not overweight either. I've been on McDougall diet for 4 months and that's the only thing I do that's fattening.
Miss Kay

Re: Peanut butter sandwich

Postby DanTheYogi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:53 pm

As long as you are a healthy weight, there is nothing wrong with consuming nuts/nut butters in moderate quantities.
DanTheYogi

Re: Peanut butter sandwich

Postby GeoffreyLevens » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:31 pm

If your weight stays where you want it then the pb sandwich is not fattening. What is fattening is eating more calories than you need. Calorie dense food, for many, causes them to end up eating more calories but if you can eat the occasional pb sandwich, count your blessings! A great treat, esp to me if that Ezekiel bread is toasted a bit.
GeoffreyLevens

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning