Bruschetta

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Bruschetta

Postby Plumerias » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:53 am

Another when in Rome, or in this case, Tuscany...... When we still lived in the house we had a toaster oven, but it couldn't fit in the RV, so we've missed it greatly. There's a toaster here in the rental, so ladies and gentlemen, what are your favorite bruschetta toppings?
Plumerias

Re: Bruschetta

Postby greentea » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:53 am

Oh, it's been a while. We would rub the bread with a chopped piece of garlic, then top with really fresh chopped tomatoes, torn basil, and sprinkle with some rock salt. Simple as that. Sometimes we roasted a head of garlic, and spread that as a base before adding the toppings. Drizzle with a few drops of a really good balsamic, and you have bliss.
greentea

Postby Lyndzie » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:31 am

Plumeria so, I love the food you're writing about!

Greentea's recipe is pretty much exactly what I do - toast bread, rub with garlic, topped with diced tomatoes and fresh basil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and enjoy. I'm salivating at the thought!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby soulnurturer » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:08 am

Toast bread of course. Rub with garlic. I chop/dice up fresh tomates, olives (since I can't drizzle oil on the bread on this diet), red onion, fresh garlic, fresh or dried oregano, fresh italian parsley, fresh basil, roasted red peppers, cucumber, salt, black pepper, and toss it all together with a small drizzle of balsamic vinegar.... or a squeeze of fresh lemon juice... or lime.
Jesus blesses everything I eat and drink and takes sickness away from my midst.
(Exodus 23:25)
soulnurturer

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning