Cauliflower rice recipe?

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Cauliflower rice recipe?

Postby greentea » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Anyone have a recipe they liked?
greentea

Re: Cauliflower rice recipe?

Postby patty » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:08 am

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/221186/lim ... ower-rice/ It sounds like the same principle of making faux mashed potatoes with cauliflower. In practicing Eat to Live, I enjoyed the faux mashed potatoes. Where lime is used for the rice, a small amount of soy milk/cashews was used for the extra liquid.

Aloha, patty

In reflection the reason the soy milk and cashews were additions with the cauliflower mash they added the satiety where the cauliflower rice it would be lacking. Cauliflower mash was delicious. I imagine the cauliflower rice would be too.
Last edited by patty on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patty

Postby greentea » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:52 pm

I'm going to try the microwave method next time. We "riced" the cauliflower in the food processor and dry fried it in a frying pan. It worked great, and the cauliflower came out nice and fluffy. I made a simple stir fry to serve on top.
greentea

Postby patty » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:21 pm

One of our loco Asian markets that sells lots of different veggies sells cauliflowers in different colors. I imagine they would make beautiful stirfrys.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby greentea » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:31 pm

The microwave method is fantastic! My microwave is not very powerful so it takes about 7 minutes. I check it every few minutes and stir it up. It comes out almost fluffy.
greentea

Postby greentea » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:36 pm

I recently made a batch of a cauliflower and sweet potato mix. So good.
greentea

Postby greentea » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:56 am

The "rice" makes a great pizza crust too. Ok, it's not going to be bready like a real pizza crust, but it makes a great base. I followed this recipe using chia and oats. Next time I try it, I'll lower the heat and let it bake longer to dry it out. I think the key is to really get as much moisture out of the cauliflower as you can before mixing ingredients. I topped mine with pizza sauce, roasted red peppers, onion, tomato and fresh basil.
http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2016/0 ... ust-vegan/
greentea

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning