Vacu Vin Instant Pickler with Vacuum Pump..

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Vacu Vin Instant Pickler with Vacuum Pump..

Postby patty » Sun May 14, 2017 3:14 pm

I purchased 2 of these Vacu Vin Instant Pickler with Vacuum Pumps from Amazon. I had seen a larger one on QVC, and thought it would be great for marinating the seitan/vital wheat gluten. When checking Amazon, and after reading the below view I thought these would work better as they are smaller. I wonder what type of slaw or recipes they used?

Vacu Vin Instant Pickler with Vacuum Pump
https://www.amazon.com/Vacu-Vin-Instant ... H0JGJZ7QRH
Review:
This works great. My wife & I purchased a second Instant Pickler so we can have 2 different salads made for the week. This week there's a cucumber salad & a slaw. Last week, a bean salad & a different slaw. Very easy to pump. The vacuum draws the dressing into the vegetables. You can eat it right away but it's best to sit it overnight. Nutritionist are really beginning to tout the health advantages of fermented foods & all you need to make them is this, using any vinegar with the living mother in it (like Braggs). We just like cold summer salads though, as we are gardeners.

Aloha, patty
patty

Re: Vacu Vin Instant Pickler with Vacuum Pump..

Postby patty » Thu May 18, 2017 9:36 pm

The Vacu Vin Pickler works great. And I am grateful I got two. The size is perfect. This morning I used the vacu vin: 1/2 sliced red onion, and sliced Japanese cucumber, apple cider vinegar, sugar and soy sauce. Pumped the air out. Then in the other: sliced setian, soy sauce, sugar, water and sriracha sauce. Pumped the air out. Then this evening I microwaved some brown rice and the veggies and setain.

Aloha, patty
patty

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning