Wow.. Check out Chuck's BrandNew Vegan site...

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Wow.. Check out Chuck's BrandNew Vegan site...

Postby patty » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:41 am

I remembered Chuck had a easy Spanish rice recipe.. and I was surprised at all the recipes he has added to his BrandNew Vegan site. They all look fantastic. http://www.brandnewvegan.com

Aloha, patty
patty

Re: Wow.. Check out Chuck's BrandNew Vegan site...

Postby Ltldogg » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:41 pm

What I love about Chuck and his site is he is making money off his artistic skills of cooking recipes that are plant based instead of trying to coach people or re-sell the information that certified experts like Dr. McDougall and Jeff Novick provide. That's the way it should be done!

Go luck Chuck! I wish you success and happiness <3
Ltldogg

Postby patty » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:09 pm

I remember it was not too long ago, when Chuck was questioning about photography... his food presentation looks so good and his site is easy to navigate. Sometime in the future I will download his ebook for recipes. He really deserves the best support and recognition. Cooking my easy Spanish rice now:)

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby indy107 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:08 pm

I guess I'm a little late to the party...but THANKS everyone!

You are absolutely right - so many great people (with more credentials than I'll EVER have) have already laid out the plan. They've given us the science, the research, and even the clinical studies to back it up. So why on earth would I try and take this information and sell it off as my own? (and I know a few people who have done just that).

No - that's not my job.

Dr McDougall, Dr Greger, Dr Esselstyn, Dr Barnard....they've already laid the foundation for us.

MY job is to help people learn how to USE the information. HOW do you get started. HOW do you shop. HOW do you make something tasty (and legal) to eat. HOW do you get your stubborn hubbies and kids to even TRY your food, let alone like it.

By the way - I can't count how many happy emails I've got from ecstatic wives who are feeding their husbands my recipes. One even started coking them himself! lol

That's what I do. Help people with that initial transition, which many of us know can be hard at times. And I do it by giving people tasty "comfort foods" they are already familiar with to eat. Foods they probably grew up on. And in some cases....foods they may not even be aware are made from vegetables (like my Cauliflower Tacos...they have fooled many a husband).

So thank you for all your wonderful support. I really need to come back here and check in more often :)
For tons of healthy Plant-Based, McDougall Friendly Recipes, check out my blog at :

https://www.brandnewvegan.com.
indy107

Postby patty » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:15 pm

indy107 wrote:I guess I'm a little late to the party...but THANKS everyone!

You are absolutely right - so many great people (with more credentials than I'll EVER have) have already laid out the plan. They've given us the science, the research, and even the clinical studies to back it up. So why on earth would I try and take this information and sell it off as my own? (and I know a few people who have done just that).

No - that's not my job.

Dr McDougall, Dr Greger, Dr Esselstyn, Dr Barnard....they've already laid the foundation for us.

MY job is to help people learn how to USE the information. HOW do you get started. HOW do you shop. HOW do you make something tasty (and legal) to eat. HOW do you get your stubborn hubbies and kids to even TRY your food, let alone like it.

By the way - I can't count how many happy emails I've got from ecstatic wives who are feeding their husbands my recipes. One even started coking them himself! lol

That's what I do. Help people with that initial transition, which many of us know can be hard at times. And I do it by giving people tasty "comfort foods" they are already familiar with to eat. Foods they probably grew up on. And in some cases....foods they may not even be aware are made from vegetables (like my Cauliflower Tacos...they have fooled many a husband).

So thank you for all your wonderful support. I really need to come back here and check in more often :)

I see so many happy people posting your recipes on Facebook, You carry a wonderful message to the masses of health:) When the cook is ready the recipes appear.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby MINNIE » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:42 am

Chuck, you are doing great work, and doing it with integrity.

Thanks for including Instant Pot recipes too.

Best wishes for your continued success. :-D
MINNIE

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning