Lucidguppy's journal

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Lucidguppy's journal

Postby lucidguppy » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:05 am

Pretty boring yesterday - oatmeal for breakfast, curry rice for lunch (that needed salsa :-( ) and spaghetti for dinner.

Did my "push" workout at the company gym.

250 lbs (Oct 1st 2015) > 192.6 lbs (April 26th 2016)
lucidguppy

Postby lucidguppy » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:34 am

Thanks for the encouraging words lynns!

Yesterday we had a simple dinner with sweet potatoes, rice, and a spicy ketchup cauliflower dish. Same breakfast and lunch.

During bowling two ladies asked me how I lost the weight. Not wanting to jump to "vegan" I just mentioned I was on the "Starch Solution Diet". Hopefully that's more effective to spread the word. Most of the time when I explain the diet it seems to throw people off too soon.
lucidguppy

Postby lucidguppy » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:28 pm

During my workout I maxed out on two exercises on my "push" routine. Don't know if I should be happy that I'm hitting my limits (so I'm starting to do the work that will help me get stronger).

Felt really good about dinner today. Only rice was ready when I was got home but I immediately cranked out some pressure cooked sweet potatoes and steamed some frozen veggies. Keeping it simple - cooking this way is just as fast as eating out or eating tv dinners.
lucidguppy

Postby lucidguppy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:40 am

Same breakfast (oats) and lunch (curry rice). DW made a delicious zucchini, bok choi, and tofu over rice with general tso's sauce over the top. Later on in evening I found out the sauce had "oyster extract". Whoops :shock: - it didn't taste like oysters so I hope if was a very small amount.

We all make mistakes I guess.

Down to 190.7 lbs! Must have gotten a whoosh. I'm so close to my 2nd goal of 185 (which puts me at a bmi of 25).

Then onwards to 178 for my final *goal*.
lucidguppy

Postby Jerry Angelo » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:01 am

Congrats on inching down closer to your goals! I still have a way to go, must feel great! Continued success!
108 Pounds Lost Since Sept 2014 - And Counting
No more pre diabetes! Eternally grateful to Dr. McDougall! And Jeff Novick!!!
My Journal
Jerry Angelo

Postby lucidguppy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:19 pm

Apparently "dancing tofu" at my thai restaurant means deep fried. Live and learn. Let's see how much I gain tomorrow morning.
lucidguppy

Postby lucidguppy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:53 am

My body gave me a pass on the deep fried tofu - down to 189.3 lbs. Had pizza potatoes for dinner.

I know this will all average out in the end and I shouldn't put too much importance on the scale. I don't think it's too bad because I don't intend to ever stop doing the diet once I reach my goal weight. It's just nice to have goals and to measure yourself against those goals daily. I love my withings http://www.amazon.com/Withings-Wireless-Scale-WS-30-Black/dp/B00AXYL4M6 scale and I'm sure that measuring an upwards trend will tell me something isn't being done right sooner rather than later.

Weighing yourself daily I'm sure also hardens you against minor weight gains on your way to your goal. "I've seen this 5 times before - it will keep going down as long as I stick with the plan."

Call me crazy but I think the sweet potatoes helped me this week loose the pounds. They're so easy to cook in the pressure cooker. I think I'll have one for lunch with rice and steamed veg.

Wonder where I can get brown thai rice.
lucidguppy

Postby lucidguppy » Wed May 04, 2016 4:49 am

Had Mary's moo-shoo vegetables - but instead of cabbage used bok choi. Very good. On my seconds I added in a bit of sweet potato. Very yummy.

Not really loosing (had a bounce on my weight and I'm coming back down again).

Pretty much staying the course right now. I did try to drink a glass of water with some vinegar in it :P yuck. Dr. Greger was talking about it on nutrition facts. I think I'll just stick to a small salad for getting my vinegar.
lucidguppy

Postby lucidguppy » Wed May 04, 2016 4:34 pm

Ugggghhhhh - ate too much rice and bean burritos. I'm a big fan of sneaking in cooked kale into the burritos.

Need to wait 10 minutes before the next burrito.
lucidguppy

Postby lucidguppy » Sat May 14, 2016 5:32 am

I've been bouncing around the low 190's for a while now. What's getting in my way are small micro-celebrations where I eat large amounts of almost on plan food ( still vegan though ).

Kids are away - cheat day! (Dinner with drinks at Vietnamese place)
Friends are coming over - yay!
Last day at work - yay!
Kids are going for ice cream - (I declined this one)

I will have to seriously evaluate oncoming micro-celebrations and see that it's getting in the way and I need to be a bit stricter.

Birthday's are always this way.

Wonder how I get through these things without looking like a killjoy.
lucidguppy

Postby lucidguppy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:04 pm

Finally hit healthy BMI!

Had to switch to MWL program to lose the last few pounds. I've gone from 250 lbs to this morning at 183 lbs. I'm 6 feet tall 37 years old.

My next goal is to get to 175 lbs for a good mid-range bmi. Then finally to 15% body fat. Then I'm done.

I wished I had been brought up on this diet.
lucidguppy

Postby lucidguppy » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:23 am

Back on the WOE strictly. Been on the program for two whole days and have lost 4 pounds. The program never gives up on you.

Giving up:

1) Alcohol (this reduces self control with self indulgence)
2) Coffee (I don't know why this holds me back - but for some reason I lose a lot more weight when I give up coffee)
3) Flours (will be using bread for hash brown sandwiches on Saturday morning, and pancakes on Sunday) - what was getting me was *snacking* on breads or pitas (I need to snack on veggies/fruits)
4) Any added oil or store hummus. (this was hurting big time)

What's helping is that my wife is now eating healthier and I think encouraging her is helping encourage myself. She's doing a 30 day challenge but I hope it leads to a healthy change in eating.
lucidguppy

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning