JamieR's Cook Nook (including Recipe Redemption)

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: JamieR's Cook Nook (including Recipe Redemption)

Postby Faith in DC » Mon May 17, 2010 10:35 am

Take care of yourself Jaime and don't let the sucker get you down. Keep up your good eating and health and show him what he messed up.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby vrob » Mon May 17, 2010 5:17 pm

Jamie, thank you so much for directions for making cannelini bean dressing. I am going to have fun experimenting.

My sympathy on the turmoil in your life. Hang in there. Things will get better.

God bless.
VICKIE R
vrob

Postby JamieR » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:30 pm

debbie wrote:
ncyg46 wrote:
JamieR wrote:
I've made two basic dressings that I got from this website, Honey Mustard Dressing II from the McDougall newsletter, and Letha's 3-2-1 Dressing. I love them both.

the real 3-2-1 dressing is opposite from the way Letha makes it...it's 3 T balsamic, 2 T mustard and 1 T maple syrup! It's from the Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Book from Esselstyn for the record. :D

That is how I make it too, Nancy, from the prevent book.

Yes, I am familiar with the original from Essies' book!

I went with Letha's sweeter variation because I really had trouble my first week on plan with acidic foods. Using no-oil dressings and having a lot of tomato products that first week...my throat actually hurt from all the acid. I had to back off on a lot of it (including only doing tomato-based dishes every other day). One of the work arounds was a sweeter dressing, which I also cut with the pureed cannellini beans...using both added sweetener and beans to cut the acid ratio in the recipe. Otherwise, I would have had to toss out that first dressing! My throat was really quite irritated for days.

BTW, thanks for all the support regarding my impending divorce. This forum just has the nicest people!

Yes, I am staying completely on plan (I've always been more of a stress non-eater rather than a stress eater), and am hoping that when he sees me some years down the road, he won't recognize me because I look so good and healthy!
JamieR

Postby debable » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:50 am

You are well on your way with over 50 pounds gone! I hope your divorce goes smoothly.
Some people dream about success......Others wake up and work hard at
it.
debable

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning