Instant Pot Advice Needed

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Instant Pot Advice Needed

Postby Yomom » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:32 pm

hazelrah wrote:
Yomom wrote: I find that Chef AJ’s red lentil chili, which I love, often strains the capacity of my 6 qt IP — it juuust fits.

No fair mentioning delicious food without providing a link to the recipe. As for the OP, we were given a 6 quart from my wife's coworker, who didn't like it. ( Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with her, either.) If I were given only one kitchen appliance I would choose that. It seems big when you look inside, but the extra capacity seems to come at no extra cost; I can't imagine the 3 quart being much easier to clean or store, and even when cooking small portions, the extra space seems handy.

Mark

Mark, here you go: Chef AJ’s Red Lentil Chili
https://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes ... gs.9bk6M4A
Yomom

Re: Instant Pot Advice Needed

Postby GlennR » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:19 am

Idgie wrote:America's Test Kitchen preferred the Fagor multicooker, not Instant Pot.

There may, or may not, be a conflict of interest here as America's Test Kitchen is sponsored by Kohler, which is owned by the same corporation as Fagor. The parent company is Mondragon Corporation.
Glenn
GlennR

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning