plant pure mail order foods

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

plant pure mail order foods

Postby Willijan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:25 pm

Has anyone here tried Plant Pure's mail order frozen entrees? I'd like to know what you thought of them.
Willijan

Re: plant pure mail order foods

Postby calvin » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:32 pm

I'm all the way through the 20pack that was initially offered at a sale price. What a treat!
I can't imagine any McDougaller being disappointed.

They arrived quickly and were still cold, were delicious, good portion size, very handy on the rare occasions when I'm feeling lazy. The 20pack lasted me 4 months so that's not too lazy, is it? :roll: Poke a small hole in the cellophane cover, nuke 5min, remove cover, stir, nuke 1 more minute. While its heating, I prepare a side dish.

For me, the ~$8/meal price is a bit of a splurge since I can easily eat deliciously for more than a day on that amount. But if the sale price recurs or if I'm feeling flush, I will be tempted to buy again. You do need some freezer space for that large order though.
calvin

Re: plant pure mail order foods

Postby Willijan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:37 pm

Thanks, Calvin! Nice to know you liked them. I am going to try them since I heard someone else's opinion. Yes, they are quite expensive, but they will be nice to have. I want to have them on hand mainly for my husband, so I don't have to worry about whether I always have something cooked that he likes. I myself pretty much live on rice, broccoli, sweet potatoes and oatmeal.
Willijan

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning