Cheesecake Factory Restaurant

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Cheesecake Factory Restaurant

Postby Vegankit » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:59 pm

I was in Las Vegas on a family vacation and I was surprised to find food I could eat in a Cheesecake Factory Restaurant; especially since I tend to stick closely to the Maximum Weight Loss way of eating. Adding to my difficulty is I have several allergies/intolerance to things like gluten, rice and corn.

I found a Kale and Quinoa Salad under their "Super Foods" section. They described it as "Lots of Tender Kale, Quinoa, Grapes, Sweet Red Pepper, Sunflower Seeds and Parmesan Cheese. Tossed with Our Lemon Vinaigrette." I asked for the cheese to be left off and lemon wedges on the side instead of Lemon Vinaigrette. There was no oil, no grease. This was a higher fat food for me because it included whole sunflower seeds. I squeezed the lemons over my salad and added a light sprinkle of Stevia. This was a delicious, healthy meal - something that is so difficult to find in chain restaurants.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Re: Cheesecake Factory Restaurant

Postby pundit999 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:59 am

Vegankit wrote:I found a Kale and Quinoa Salad under their "Super Foods" section. They described it as "Lots of Tender Kale, Quinoa, Grapes, Sweet Red Pepper, Sunflower Seeds and Parmesan Cheese. Tossed with Our Lemon Vinaigrette." I asked for the cheese to be left off and lemon wedges on the side instead of Lemon Vinaigrette. There was no oil, no grease. This was a higher fat food for me because it included whole sunflower seeds. I squeezed the lemons over my salad and added a light sprinkle of Stevia. This was a delicious, healthy meal - something that is so difficult to find in chain restaurants.

This is good to know. Thanks for sharing.
I have also had Cheesecake Factory just give me sides of baked potatoes and asparagus etc. That seemed like compliant. I did ask them to not slather them in oil/butter but not sure if they followed the instructions. But it was tasty and probably mostly compliant.
pundit999

Postby Timaca » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:36 pm

Hi Vegankit~
I was traveling last week and also ate at a Cheesecake Factory restaurant. I also had a salad....sounds like yours, but mine didn't have kale....It did have quinoa, various vegetables that I can't remember now. I did ask them to leave off the sunflower seeds (can't eat them), the dressing, and also the cheese (if it had cheese--can't remember). I think it had garbanzo beans on it....some tomato, avocado....

I, like you, have various food intolerances...but I can eat rice. I probably can't eat quinoa....I will test it again...but it does seem to give me joint pain. :-( It seems like most grains do except rice. :(

But, like you, I was happy to go out to eat and eat something besides just lettuce! :)
Timaca

Postby Vegankit » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:55 pm

Timaca wrote:Hi Vegankit~
I was traveling last week and also ate at a Cheesecake Factory restaurant. I also had a salad....sounds like yours, but mine didn't have kale....It did have quinoa, various vegetables that I can't remember now. I did ask them to leave off the sunflower seeds (can't eat them), the dressing, and also the cheese (if it had cheese--can't remember). I think it had garbanzo beans on it....some tomato, avocado....

I, like you, have various food intolerances...but I can eat rice. I probably can't eat quinoa....I will test it again...but it does seem to give me joint pain. :-( It seems like most grains do except rice. :(

But, like you, I was happy to go out to eat and eat something besides just lettuce! :)
I'm glad we were both able to find something healthy we could eat in a mainstream restaurant, especially with our limitations due to intolerances and allergies.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Postby DWu » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:14 am

BJ's also has a seemingly compliant salad.

https://www.bjsrestaurants.com/menu/ent ... uper-salad

I left off the vinaigrette, and didn't taste any other oil.
DWu

Postby Vegankit » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:10 pm

DWu wrote:BJ's also has a seemingly compliant salad.

https://www.bjsrestaurants.com/menu/ent ... uper-salad

I left off the vinaigrette, and didn't taste any other oil.
Interesting - I"m so out of touch with restaurants - maybe quinoa and kale salads are trendy?

BTW, the Whole Foods buffet still has numerous McDougall choices mixed in with the other non-compliant choices. Unfortunately it's not easy to get to Town Square mall.

We also ate in the best Thai restaurant - Lotus of Siam. I had KANG CARE [Northern Red Curry] "home style non- coconut cream red curry from the North is a combination of fresh, aromatic vegetables, spices, herb and your choice of chicken, pork or catfish chunk, but with more vegetables and some difference herb and spices." I splurged and had it with fresh tofu which was home made and asked for more veggies.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning