Crust-less Mushroom and Tomato Chickpea Tart

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Crust-less Mushroom and Tomato Chickpea Tart

Postby HappyTummy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:06 pm

I love chickpea flour and use it as a gluten-free substitute thickener for wheat flour in sauces and gravies. This week I made a delicious chickpea tart with mushrooms and herbs topped with tomato slices. It smelled heavenly when cooking and tasted even better.

For anyone who is interested, here is the link to the recipe: http://beansriceeverythingnice.weebly.c ... free-vegan
HappyTummy

Re: Crust-less Mushroom and Tomato Chickpea Tart

Postby Vegankit » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:58 pm

What a great looking tart - thanks for the recipe. I'm going to try it next week.

BTW you might want to try substituting the salt for Kala Namak Salt (Indian/Himalayan Black Salt) - it has a hint of sulphur which will make the chickpea tart taste like it was made with eggs.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Re: Crust-less Mushroom and Tomato Chickpea Tart

Postby HappyTummy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:52 pm

Thanks for the tip Vegankit. I have seen recipes with that salt in it. If I find some, I'll give it a try. Let me know how the recipe turns out especially if you add the Kala Namak.
HappyTummy

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning