I can't believe how far I fell off the Wagon

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

I can't believe how far I fell off the Wagon

Postby guitarplayer007 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:34 am

I know with every bite of the wrong food I'm setting in motion the chance of having a heart attack since I had a stent put in 2009. I did great from last July though about October or November..then started cheating once a week and now the wheels are completely off basically. I guess I feel deprived when I eat this food that I don't really crave, yet I know like Dr. Esselstyn says I compromise my arteries with every bite of the bad food that passes my lips....I was trying to locate a chef or a place that could make very tasting compliant food, don't really want to live on potatoes and corn anymore....
Ken :((
guitarplayer007

Re: I can't believe how far I fell off the Wagon

Postby americaninca46 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:21 am

Hi, I know how you feel. No one said it would be easy, but you are worth the struggle. Sounds like you need a bit more variety. The thing that helps me the most is making a big pot of vegetable soup. Enough for the whole week. It doesn't have to be fancy or complicated. Just potatoes, onions, carrots, chick peas, corn, tomatoes and veg.broth. I do't know if you are wanting to loose much weight. I find the days are quite different. Some days I am so encouraged and feel like I have it all together. Then other days, I am so discouraged and feel that I am being deprived. I would guess that it is normal. Do you like grains? I always have a big bowl of oatmeal or some grain combo for breakfast. If you want, you can add a few walnuts, prunes or banana. This group is also very helpful when you are feeling isolated. Even my best friend thinks I am a radical. No support there. I don't know a single healthy eater. Even the one friend who tolerates me thinks meat is important. Don't let little mistakes grow to big ones. I don't have all the answers, but I learn a little more every day. Good luck and keep posting. Rebia
americaninca46

Postby guitarplayer007 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:37 am

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words, the crazy thing is I never 3ven ate or liked soup my entire life. I'm one if those strange eaters, even when I ate the SAD I only ate a few things.....lots of hsmburgers, chicken,turkey....a few vegetables like broccoli it potatoes of course. But slot of FF LOL
thanks

Ken
guitarplayer007

Postby dlee » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:21 pm

I think you need to find a couple more things that you like that you can rotate through. Did you see Mary McDougalls latest video about how simply she cooks but very delicious and satisfying. Maybe you should check it out.
F1 Jim posted this link recently in the Lounge section. I watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. As well as being very helpful she's also very funny.
https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/videos/free-electures/mary-mcdougall-planning-meals/
dlee

Postby -mermaid- » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:08 pm

This is nice to read. I have also fallen way off of the wagon and have been too stressed (life changes) to really pull myself together. Just now reaching for online support and logging back in here. It's crazy how far off course I got--after believing I was solidly on the path. Discouraging and disorienting, to say the least.

Now I need to just take it one day at a time, one meal at a time, and get my precious health back...

It is truly amazing how utterly different I feel as a human being when I eat lots of processed foods and oils. Not at ALL like the high-energy person I was on the Starch Solution plan.

And so, so tired! Crazy. :-(
-mermaid-

Postby guitarplayer007 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:39 am

It's so odd that so many struggle eating what is supposed to be our natural food by nature. Is it because we are basically addicted to the foods we've been eating our entire life. Or are we really supposed to be whole food animals? The more I study the vitamin C deficiency the more sense it all makes. If any wants the link to these videos, let me know.
Ken
guitarplayer007

Return to The Lounge