Our family hands and feet have turned yellow/orangy

Share your experience, challenges and success implementing the McDougall program with family and children.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Our family hands and feet have turned yellow/orangy

Postby Melboo83 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:20 am

Since following the Mcdougall diet, myself, husband, and 2 kids have had our hands and feet turn a yellowy orangish colour. We have all seen our family doctor and have had all blood work done. Everything has come back normal. I've searched everywhere onlibe for answers. Hoping to find some here. Now remember this is not jaundice and is only on our hands and feet.

Thank you :-D
Melboo83

Re: Our family hands and feet have turned yellow/orangy

Postby Drew_ab » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:32 am

Melboo83 wrote:Since following the Mcdougall diet, myself, husband, and 2 kids have had our hands and feet turn a yellowy orangish colour. We have all seen our family doctor and have had all blood work done. Everything has come back normal. I've searched everywhere onlibe for answers. Hoping to find some here. Now remember this is not jaundice and is only on our hands and feet.

Thank you :-D

This is because you are eating carotenoid rich foods (these are plant pigments that give richly coloured fruits and vegetables their colour). Their pigments give people that same glowing colour. Not only is it not harmful, when people are given the same picture of someone with skin pigmented with carortenoids vs. skin not coloured, people perceive the carotenoid rich skin to be more attractive.
Drew_ab

Return to Family and Children