Group b strep

Share your experience, challenges and success implementing the McDougall program with family and children.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Group b strep

Postby pregofit » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:59 pm

Has anyone tested positive for group b strep? I had a bladder infection early on and I guess they checked for gbs after that and I was positive. They told me I need to be on antibiotics during labor. I know someone who delivered stillborn because of gbs 10+ years ago!!!! It is making me nervous. Is there a way to prevent this even though they will be putting me on antibiotics regardless now? Is it diet related? I am new to the diet so maybe I will be okay. I would like to prevent it next go around.

Thank you
pregofit

Re: Group b strep

Postby Lyndzie » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:40 pm

I think you can get tested again closer to your due date and see if you are still positive, because it can go away on its own. There is more than one method for dealing with Group B Strep. It might be worth discussing with your practitioner all choices, not just the hospital's default option. I'm sure Dr. McDougall would agree, most hospital practices are not evidence based, just either convenient or money motivated. That being said, I'm sure that other person's experience is concerning to you.

It's not diet related, but eating nutritious food will help you have and successful pregnancy and healthy baby. Best wishes to you!

Lindsey
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Return to Family and Children