Plantar's Fasciitis/Heel Spurs

Share your experience, challenges and success implementing the McDougall program with family and children.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Plantar's Fasciitis/Heel Spurs

Postby Crunchy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:59 pm

I finally got DH to join me in this WOE. He has both problems in both feet, and he's hoping the program will help diminish his pain. Anyone here have a story to share with their own spurs or fasciitis? I figure all the excess calcium from animal foods and dairy are what caused the problem, so avoidance should help. Thanks in advance!
Crunchy

Re: Plantar's Fasciitis/Heel Spurs

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:56 pm

No, I don't think diet will fix this. But there are exercises and shoe inserts that will. Have your husband see an orthopedist or podiatrist. That's what I did.
Vanilla Orchid

Postby Vegankit » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:15 am

Crunchy wrote:I finally got DH to join me in this WOE. He has both problems in both feet, and he's hoping the program will help diminish his pain. Anyone here have a story to share with their own spurs or fasciitis? I figure all the excess calcium from animal foods and dairy are what caused the problem, so avoidance should help. Thanks in advance!
I don't know if I have heel spurs or not but I did have plantar fasciitis (PF).

It's gone. The weight loss and reduction of inflammation are probably what put it into remission. I walk a lot barefoot in the house and wore barefoot running shoes for years so my feet have full range of normal motion. I also had had physiotherapy years ago for PF and doing the exercises is important and helped before I changed my way of eating. When I used to eat the Standard American Diet my PF would come and go - I would get PT, do exercises and it would fade away - only to come back a couple of months later - since following the McDougall diet (2008) I haven't had PF.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Postby Mober » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:13 am

Not sure if you guys exercising and doing mild stretches too, but I suggest it at a slow pace and with proper mechanics, like ChiWalking.
Mober

Postby mapat » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:56 am

I have bone spurs on the balls of my feet. Not sure how much this WOE of eating helps except that having lost 75 pounds because of it has made a huge difference. I assume the spurs are still there, (they have big callous over them), but pain reduced enough that I hardly even notice anymore. Can even walk barefoot on occasion now.
mapat

Postby pundit999 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:33 pm

I had plantar's Fasciitis before I started eating this way. I quickly lost 30 lbs and with it this painful condition.
Not sure if it was all due to weight loss or there were other beneficial effects of the plant based diet, but what matters to me is that this serious condition did resolve itself quickly.
pundit999

Return to Family and Children