Healthy fat percentage in pregnancy

Share your experience, challenges and success implementing the McDougall program with family and children.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Healthy fat percentage in pregnancy

Postby zilly84 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:06 pm

Hi! I'm 6 months pregnant and have been following a whole foods plant based diet for over a year and a half. Although in this pregnancy and even before I've messed up a lot. But more so while pregnant. I've ate some things I haven't for a long time and I'm getting everything back in order now. I'm currently reading Esselstyn's book Preventing and Reversing Heart Disease. So that has really scared me away from the high amout of raw nuts I was consuming. My fat would often be 30% of my calories from that. :eek: I know 10% is optimal for health. But I'm wondering what percent is best for a healthy pregnancy? Healthy for the baby and the mom. I track everything on cron o meter. Even when I screw up and eat a cookie or something terrible like that. :oops: Lol! So I'm very aware of what I'm putting into my body. When I took nuts out a few days ago my fat percentage was around 5%. I found I was eating a lot and still feeling hungry. Can anyone direct me to some specific guidelines for pregnancy in this way of eating? Like how much if any nuts and seeds are okay? I'm mainly concerned about fat because I'm doing good with protein. Usually right around my target of 70 grams. Thanks in advance! :-)
zilly84

Return to Family and Children