It only took 7 years!

Share your experience, challenges and success implementing the McDougall program with family and children.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

It only took 7 years!

Postby mightyquinn » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:32 pm

I have a 7 1/2 year old who finally eats broccoli and brussel sprouts. Since she has been able to pick up food around 6 or 7 months old we have tried to get her to eat green veggies. She completely resisted. She bargained for years asking "how much of that do I have to eat?"

Well now when I put this stuff in front of her she says "watch mommy." Proceeds to eat without any complaining! I just like to tell people that if they will put in the time (7 YEARS!) you can wear them down. :lol:

#don'tgiveup
mightyquinn

Re: It only took 7 years!

Postby sjsilver » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:08 pm

That is encouraging. LOL. I remember when I was little, I didn't like big chunks of onion, pepper, cabbage etc. However, if the vegetables were cut up really small, I would not pick them out. I am not sure why this made such a difference to me. I will have to experiment on the grandkids.
sjsilver

Postby Dougalling » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:14 am

Hi

I don't see the point of forcing broccoli and brussel sprouts on anyone. There's no magic in broccoli and brussel sprouts. There are plenty of green veggies that actually taste good.
I stay away from most dark green veggies but I like a few dark green veggies i.e. kale
I do like most light green veggies.
Dougalling

Postby sjsilver » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:44 pm

I agree that foods shouldn't be forced on people. But it is good to offer them every once in awhile. Tastes do change over time. Sometimes it is just the way you prepare something that can make a difference. Except for eggplant. There is no hope for eggplant. :D
sjsilver

Return to Family and Children